Minnesota Babies

Smelly gas?

I know, 2 posts in a day!  Eliza is 3 months old and has super loud and stinky gas, I don't remember ever having this with Samuel.  Anyone else have this issue?  She is exclusively breastfed

Re: Smelly gas?

• Sorry accidentally posted twice and can't delete...

• You could call Nutritional Weight and Wellness and ask them about the probiotic they recommend for babies. I've heard a few of the dieticians mention it that they recommend for infants with stomach disturbances. I don't remember my dd having that issue but I feel like my memory is failing me lately hopefully just due to the pregnancy:)

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally normal!!  I'm also going to wager to bet the number of poops per day has decreased as the gas has increased...  DD went through quite a phase of this - she was gaining weight just fine and the Ped. told me "it's totally normal because she's just digesting the BM far more efficiently than a FF baby is able to - OTOH, they have some of the nastiest foul-smelling gas you'll encounter on the planet during this phase!!!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I asked my doc about probiotics and she said that it wouldn't hurt and might help especially since she's colicy too : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"