Infertility

IVF and stress

So if all goes well, I will be starting stims tomorrow for an ER/ET before Christmas (!!!)

Of course, January is my most stressful month at work, so I am concerned about the embies not sticking because I'm going berzerk. I'll definitely keep doing acupuncture as I know that help, but does anyone have thoughts on stress effecting IVF success?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF and stress

• Well, I took a ton of time off of work, did acupuncture, fertility yoga, and just about everything possible to reduce stress. I actually haven't been that stress free in a long time. Still a BFN. So... probably a good idea to reduce stress, but it isn't everything. GL
    imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• I think the general concensus is that stress isn't good your health in general but it's not a cause of something happening or not happening fertility wise (unless you're talking about a MAJOR stress such as the death of a loved one, etc.)

Here's a link to a study that was done earlier this year in GB on this topic. 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Try to stay calm and find ways to do this, it helps. Stress- hmm I dont know when you dont have it. We are dealing with my husbands mom dying any day now and we went through with IVF as life has to go on as hard as it can get...
  • I'm always a nervous and anxious person.  I did acu this time and it really helped.  I also read a lot and try to do projects.  I found that reading was really great because it forced my mind to think of other things.  Good luck!
  • imageNMscubagirl:
    Well, I took a ton of time off of work, did acupuncture, fertility yoga, and just about everything possible to reduce stress. I actually haven't been that stress free in a long time. Still a BFN. So... probably a good idea to reduce stress, but it isn't everything. GL

This is my story too. Well, minus the yoga. I'm not that good. But, it didn't help at all. I think being healthy is what really matters. And, stress is not good for anyone. In all honestly, being busy at work might help take your mind off the IVF stress. 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• thanks ladies!
  • I believe it's all egg/ embryo quality, assuming a good uterine enviroment. I was a nervous wreck going into this last cycle. I lost my babies at 22 weeks, very much grieving, scared to death of another loss. It was a frozen cycle, but I would cry before each RE appointment and after just cause it reminded me of the place where my boys started& were still alive. I had bad anxiety when I was told when ET would be. I was drinking daily& taking anti anxiety meds daily, klonipin. I was barely functioning. After that experience, I do not personally believe stress has anything to do with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"