Missouri Babies

Vbac in KC

Hello ladies!

Anybody have or attempt a vbac in a KC hospital? Who does them and what did you think of the experience? Thinking I may want to give it a shot on baby #2. Let me know your thoughts TIA 

Re: Vbac in KC

• I have just started researching the possibility of doing a VBAC with #2 as well. I know St Mary's in Blue Springs does them. Good luck!
  • Hi there,

Your best resource is to check out the KC ICAN group.  I had a VBAC at home and loved it.  (I never would have dreamt of having a homebirth, but seeing the resistance in many docs about VBAC's led me there.)  The KC ICAN group is very helpful!  Good luck!  Natural birth is AMAZING!  You can do it! 

• Loading the player...
  • My doc who will deliver at St. Mary's didn't seem horribly against them.  We decided against it because my #2 will be born right at a year after #1.  She was worried about putting that kind of stress on my incision.  But she said aside from that fact, she would be open to the idea. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your best bet for an OB that will really let you VBAC (not pull a bait and switch) is Dr. Howard Schwartz. He has privileges at Research and NKC hospital. Many KC moms have had VBACs with him. He isn't the most warm doc, though, so if you want a warmer presence at your birth I would recommend getting a doula. I had my VBAC at New Birth Company with their certified nurse midwives. They took fantastic care of me and I recommend checking them out, too. Ditto PP about checking out ICAN as well. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"