Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

LO screams when H holds her

Screams...tears...

I just want to go to the store. 

I take her and she calms down.

I tried to drape a shirt I wore over H's arm...no luck.

DS 7/6/09
DD 9/4/11
EDD 9/1/15

Re: LO screams when H holds her

• Options
    Does he wear a particular cologne or strong smelling deodorant? That happened one time to us - DH had just thrown on some aftershave and was a little more heavy handed than usual. DD must have hated the smell or it bothered her, because she wanted nothing to do with him. It was the only time it happened, so I'm assuming that was the culprit.
  • Options

Have they bonded?  Has he done skin on skin time with her?  Does he try to sooth her or does he hand her right back to you?  

He needs to spend time with her, talk to her, look her in the eyes and be relaxed with her so that she will feel comfortable with him.  

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg I have the exact. Same. Problem. She strongly dislikes him... It's very clear. I think it's because he talks loudly and is always stressed when he comes home from work and she feels an angry vibe from him. She is SUCH a mammas girl
  • Options

imageLBD129:
    Omg I have the exact. Same. Problem. She strongly dislikes him... It's very clear. I think it's because he talks loudly and is always stressed when he comes home from work and she feels an angry vibe from him. She is SUCH a mammas girl

I think this is it. During the morning, he changes her diaper and dresses her. She giggles and smiles at him. He comes home from work and she wants nothing to do with him. I'm sure he gets stressed about it and she picks up on that vibe.

He did a lot of bonding with her before. She was fine until a week ago. I thought she hated bottles, but it turns out she now hates bottles from him. I think she gets tired and wants to be soothed and she thinks only I can do it. I also told him that she picks up on moods and attention of whomever is holding her. We are working on a transition at home.

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"