June 2012 Moms
Options

any 2nd+ timers NOT finding out after finding out last time?

if that makes sense ;) We found out the sex of both our kids, and I have always wanted to wait but never had the willpower. now that we have a boy and girl I really dont want to know. I want that experience of my husband annoucing the sex at the birth. I am so excited.

anyone else in the same boat? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: any 2nd+ timers NOT finding out after finding out last time?

• Options
    same here! we want this one to be a surprise. we found out last time with DD, it was great since we were going to be first time parents we were able to plan. this time i am going to use all my will power not to find out during the 20 u/s, and wait to find out until delivery. we will be excited no matter what, but DD is rooting for "a baby sister." lol.
    BFP #1: 11/19/08 DD born 07/23/09 ~ BFP #2 :3/15/11 Natural MC 3/30/11 - 4/13/11~ BFP #3: 10/4/11 DD #2 born 06/09/12 ~
    BFP #4: 08/07/13 EDD 4/18/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are!  This is # 2 for us.  I HAD to know for DD.  I wanted the nursery done.  Now with number 2 we aren't doing a nursery (gonna play it by ear whether or not the new LO will share with DD) so it seems way less important to know ahead of time.  I really think it will be cool to have that moment of surprise.  When we found out with DD, the ultrasound tech just said "it's a girl".  DH and I both said afterward it was so anti-climactic.  I figure you can't get much more dramatic than being told as the baby takes its first breath!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is #4 for us and I'm not going to find out but DH is. We currently have 3 boys and I have a feeling this one is a boy as well.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are.. we are really excited. With my first I felt like I had to know and needed to prepare. Well lets just say I am a lot more relaxed this time around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're waiting this time! We found out w/ DS but now I want to wait. On one hand I'm excited that this one will be different, on the other I worry that I won't feel as bonded since I can't call #2 by name. Does that make sense?

image   image

• Options

Can you call it "Baby Yourlastname"?

I honestly dont follow when people say they HAD to know the sex to finish the nursery.  What do team green people do, have a gallon of pink and blue paint on stand by?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can't do it. I've thought about it but I know I lack any and all self control.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

this is us. I gave in on home birth so wether DH likes it or not this one is gonna be a suprise unless something crazy happens and I can see clear as day on a scan (not that I wanna but sometimes you can see things you didn't think you would). so team Green and excited as can be,

my gut says girl since i feel completely different this time around.

Our Halloween Treat! Self-weaned at 23months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

We found out with DD, not with DS, and it was absolutely awesome. Hearing DH yell out "it's a boy" was hands-down one of the highlights of my life.

I haven't talked with DH about what we'll do this time around. He's the one who does like to find out. If it were entirely up to me, team green all the way.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat. We didn't find out with #1, but then DID with #2. This time, with #3, we're not finding out again. It was fun to do it both ways , but we really liked finding out at the birth of DS, and I'm looking forward to that surprise again (I think it is a bigger surprise at the birth then at at the U/S, even though you're finding out the same info).
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is my first one and we are not finding out.  I've noticed a general negative response when my friends ask what the baby's sex is.  I was kind of surprised that more people didn't like that idea.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options

imageEMO-mamma:
    We're waiting this time! We found out w/ DS but now I want to wait. On one hand I'm excited that this one will be different, on the other I worry that I won't feel as bonded since I can't call #2 by name. Does that make sense?

see I dont refer to the baby as a name the whole time, even when I know the sex. We usually dont decide on a name until 30 or so weeks and when we do I feel weird refering to a child I havent held and seen their face as a name.

We just say the baby, or baby girl/boy.

Now its hard cause I dont want to call the baby it..so we just say baby, or little one.

and FWIW to other posters, I wouldnt have been able to not find out on #2....just #3 since I have a boy and girl. I have no expectations at all ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMarSamWhitney:

I honestly dont follow when people say they HAD to know the sex to finish the nursery.  What do team green people do, have a gallon of pink and blue paint on stand by?

I would assume team green people choose a gender neutral color and furniture.  I knew I wanted a purple room with white furniture for a girl and a blue room with dark brown furniture for a boy.  I didn't want to do neutral nursery and, being a first time mom, was nervous enough that I wanted it done ahead of time.  That is why I felt I "needed" to know.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Us!  We found out with DD that she was a girl, but this time we're going Team Green.  We were actually the first of my husband's brothers to find out the sex before the birth.  My two SILs went Team green with all 5 of their pregnancies.  I can't wait for DH to be the one to announce whether it's a boy or girl.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    imageMarSamWhitney:

Can you call it "Baby Yourlastname"?

I don't get it, either.  We knew DD's sex and STILL decorated our nursery and got all the large items gender neutral.  She was our first and we knew we wanted more kids in the future, so to us it would've been a waste to decorate all boy or all girl and besides, I hate pink!!

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"