March 2012 Moms

3D Ultrasound Question

Is anyone having one done? DH and I talked about it tonight and he really wants it and wants to see his baby boy again. As much as I want to see Mason again, I don't want to hear from my mom and sister how "weird" it is to see the ultrasound photos :( During our level 2 when I was 22 weeks they switched the machine over to 3D and we got a few adorable shots of his face and when I showed my mom and sister all they said was "that's weird, don't show people that! He looks like an alien!" While I agree he did look a little scrawny, it kind of broke my heart that they didn't want to see. My MIL and SIL are SO looking forward to seeing him again in 3D but I am not comfortable at all with them being in the room. We sat in there with my SIL for her first and I thought it was super weird. Sorry I didn't mean to ramble, just wanted to know what everyone else was doing!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 3D Ultrasound Question

• Honestly, the 3D one's are a little weird looking. I plan to do them though. I've heard it's best to do them once LO has fattened up a little though. I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm going to inquire about it. I think you should do what you and YH want. People tend to rain on parades all the time. Just ignore them and do what feels good to you.

• Im doing them around Christmas while my extended family is in town! Our place here has a movie theater room with a big screen to seat 18 people. We are printing out "movie ticket" invitations and giving them to the family beforehand, as a Christmas suprise. My doc reccommends doing them between 28 and 34 weeks, while he is nice and chunky but not so big you cant get a good shot. Also, she said if the baby is breech, he usually has his head over his feet and once he gets bigger, it might be hard to see his face!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We got a series of 2 from friends as a gift certificate. We did one to find out the gender at 14 weeks and we have another scheduled for late January when she is has a little more chubby in her cheeks.

The babies look a little like melted cheese blocks and I didn't want one initially - but when we actually saw her and my husband saw her - *swoon!* I'm very excited to go back for the January one - even if she does look a little like something that should be served with a side of chips.

I would encourage anyone who had a little money to spend to get one. In my area there are several affordable places. You just have to search a little. Seeing her snapped me out a little funk I was in at the time and got my husband a little more involved. :)

• I had my 3D done sooner than you and I got that comment about the alien I think at least one person will always say that. My husband and I are happy with the pics so that's all that matters, plus we are planning on doing it again in a few weeks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think the 3D ultrasounds are weird but cool at the same time. I am participating in a study for first time moms right now and get extra u/s and checkups and a 3D scan is part of the study. I get paid $50 for every appointment, so I figure someone can pay me for a 3D scan, sure! Then I'm not out the $150 for one at the mall!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"