July 2012 Moms
Options

work...how is everyone doing it...

So im 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and in the last 4 weeks ive taken 6 days off due to extreme fatigue, throwing up, can barely walk from back pain...etc.....

I am a special education teacher for severely handicap high school students and they need consistency in their lives.... i feel so guilty but am prioritizing this baby first and trying to RELAX.... how is everyone working, being a wife, student, member of their community etc.... im just so stumped as to how to just keep going as if nothing is wrong, its too early to tell everyone, but i think most are getting annoyed with all my time off, and i dint want people to be like "oh shes pregnant and milking it"  

please let me know how everything i going in your life...its so nice to read different stories especially since this is my first and im sooooo exciting even though you tell by looking at me cause im sooo sick....

thanks!

momma-to-be 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: work...how is everyone doing it...

• Options
    I get to work part time from home so that's really nice. But I have also been feeling the back pain already and extreme fatigue. Also when I get hungry, I'm starving all of a sudden which is really annoying. I feel like I'm going to throw up if I don't get food into my system in seconds. This means keeping snacks handy at all times so I'm not tempted by junk food. 
  • Options
    I've just started being sick and nauseated lately and I am wondering the same thing. I haven't worked a full day this week because of it. I took off early both Monday and Tuesday and didn't go in today. I just feel so sick that it's hard to concentrate at work without just laying my head on my desk. I never got sick with my first pregnancy, so I never had to deal with it before. I just think the worst thing is being sick to your stomach because it makes you so miserable. I just pray that my work won't become irritated with all of my time. But it does make me upset because I really need to be saving time to use for later in the pregnancy for doctor's appointments and everything else.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry it has been so rough on you. I do think a lot of women play the pregnancy card too often/too early, and that spoils the lot for people like you with physically demanding jobs and severe symptoms. That's tough. Hang in there--hopefully 2nd tri will feel a lot better for you.

I've been fortunate not to have many symptoms. But my job is very competitive and I travel a lot. I'm on site now and I can see this being too challenging in another few months---lifting suitcases, standing on crowded airport shuttles. Even when I am home, working 10 hour days are increasingly more difficult for me. I just get too tired. And don't even get me started on mat leave...I am the only woman at my company, and I'll be the first in its 30 year history to request mat leave. I don't know what to expect.

• Options
    imagejenniferjoanhall@gmail.com:

So im 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and in the last 4 weeks ive taken 6 days off due to extreme fatigue, throwing up, can barely walk from back pain...etc.....

I am a special education teacher for severely handicap high school students and they need consistency in their lives.... i feel so guilty but am prioritizing this baby first and trying to RELAX.... how is everyone working, being a wife, student, member of their community etc.... im just so stumped as to how to just keep going as if nothing is wrong, its too early to tell everyone, but i think most are getting annoyed with all my time off, and i dint want people to be like "oh shes pregnant and milking it"  

please let me know how everything i going in your life...its so nice to read different stories especially since this is my first and im sooooo exciting even though you tell by looking at me cause im sooo sick....

thanks!

momma-to-be 

I am so sorry about your current experience... I am extremely blessed with part time lab job, so I have lots of time to rest.  Also m/s hasn't kicked in yet, although fatigue has a bit..

I have no resolution, but hope you figure something out!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel your pain! I'm dying here! I am an Apartment Manager and I'm getting close to loosing my job. I've tried everything for the nausea and vomitting but nothing has worked. I even tried Phenergan...No help. Makes it hard to be happy. Whats with the lies about that "Expencting mother's glow"?!? I'm excited, but terrified too! This is my first and I wish I could be as relaxed and happy about this as my boyfriend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagehijoi:
    Honestly? (And I feel like crap for admitting this) I have been teaching from my desk for a few weeks now. Regular ed though, not Special ed. Can't imagine how you'd do that.

This. I teach middle school, and I have been sitting at my desk way more than usual the past few weeks. I also feel guilty about it, but I feel like it's all I can do to just sit up sometimes.

Just take it one day at a time, and do not feel bad for taking sick days. They are there for when you need them, and you will be feeling all better soon!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
  • Options
    I'm also in special Ed.  I find if I stay busy the symptoms are less severe.  If I have a few moments of "downtime," that's when I vomit.  I'm in CA, so our classroom doors all face outside.  I keep a garbage can just outside my door.  I'm having twins, so the likelihood of getting taken out of work early has made me want to save every last sick day.  I told co-workers early so that I didn't have to hide my illness.  I burn every ounce of energy at school, then come home and fix a basic dinner for the kids, and I'm in bed by 7:30 pm.
    Photobucket Expecting #3/4 after a long battle with infertility. Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am also a teacher and like a PP, I have been teaching from my desk really.  I know that doesn't seem possible for you with your demanding situation.  I am regular ed high school and the kids are pretty great.

I have been doing lots of group work and quizzes.  I have missed 1.5 days so far.  It is just so difficult to get myself motivated when I am exhausted and nauseous. 

luckily, I am not actually getting sick.  I have my ginger ale and saltines by my sides at all times.  Sometimes, while actively teaching, I have to take a step into the hall to gag.  It is also unbearably hot in my room, which seems to make things more difficult.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"