May 2012 Moms

Lopsided bump?

Is this normal?

I don't have much of a bump going yet, but about half the time it is completely lopsided.  It's really only noticeable when I'm lying on my back.  Half the time, I have a symmetrical, nice round bump. But the other half of the time, it's like it's all piled up on my right side, like the baby is all scrunched up over there.  It's like there is a division right down the middle, the left side of my abdomen will be flat, or actually concave, and the right side huge firm lump! I looked this up a little bit and I think it's normal, that the baby is just lying over on that side. But why doesn't it ever want to lay on my left side? Does this mean my baby will be right-handed? :p

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lopsided bump?

• I swear mine has a bulge on the left sometimes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The weird thing is, the change is huge and marked from when it's normal and when it's lopsided, but I never feel or see it moving or sense it in any way.  It must move very slowly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yes! I was going to ask my midwife about this at my next appointment. There is a firm mass ALWAYS on my right side. That is also where they go to hear the heartbeat. Baby likes hanging out over there?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Very normal! Just wait until latter when lo is much bigger and balls up all in one spot that is very funny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I know when you're further along, if your bladder is full it will push your uterus up and to the side a bit. Perhaps thats affecting it?
  • I've noticed this too, but on my left side. Plus they always go to my left to hear the baby's heart. It is kind of weird but my doc said normal, baby is just hanging out over there
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I have meant to ask my doctor about this, but I have forgotten at my last couple of appointments since the baby always lays perfectly in the middle for the doctor. Also, I have wanted to show my mom what it was doing, but every time I have tried to show her, baby is laying normally, trying to make me look like a liar. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebellelamb:
    Very normal! Just wait until latter when lo is much bigger and balls up all in one spot that is very funny.

This.

DD was always on my right side from about 30 weeks on.

I think at this stage it's still too early to feel them on one side or another. 

• I just read about this yesterday! My lump is on my left side.  I have a full bump, but you can feel (and I can see) the difference.  According to what I read, it's your uterus, many times during pregnancy it's point to one side or the other while it's expanding.  It's completely normal and will "straighten out" as you get bigger.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"