May 2012 Moms
Options

Pain on my lower left side?

For the past couple months I've been having this pain on my left side near by buttocks. It feels like its where my pelvic bone and femur go together. It would come and go but now its getting much worse. I had a strong pain today when I stood up and was limping because it hurt to walk. Its been pretty constant all day and hasn't let up. Has anyone experience this? It kinds feels like a really swore muscle ache. I'm guessing its just another pregnancy symptom but it seems weird that I would be having this much discomfort at 14 weeks. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pain on my lower left side?

• Options

I would double check with your doctor at your next appointment, but I've been feeling the same thing. I have scoliosis so I knew back pain would start early (right at 14 weeks for me) and this is about the same time that I "popped" and my hips started to shift wider. My doc said it was normal (especially with my scoliosis) and to try to stay off my feet or wear tennis/supportive shoes as much as possible, do some stretching or yoga and heating pad with some Tylenol.

I've been wearing tennis shoes a lot more and doing some stretches and yoga. Also I take my shower right before bed and let warm/hot water run down my back and then lay on a heating pad for about 20mins. This has helped a lot.

Hope you have some relief soon :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've had the same hip pain for a few weeks now and I also have scoliosis. I was surprised by how early it started, I figured I wouldn't get such bad pains like that until I was bigger, but oh well. I found that doing my prenatal yoga DVD every day makes a HUGE difference. Really, just stretching out your back and hips will help so much. I've also been focusing on keeping good posture when I'm sitting at my desk, to make sure my hips and back are aligned properly. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenlewis123:

I would double check with your doctor at your next appointment, but I've been feeling the same thing. I have scoliosis so I knew back pain would start early (right at 14 weeks for me) and this is about the same time that I "popped" and my hips started to shift wider. My doc said it was normal (especially with my scoliosis) and to try to stay off my feet or wear tennis/supportive shoes as much as possible, do some stretching or yoga and heating pad with some Tylenol.

I've been wearing tennis shoes a lot more and doing some stretches and yoga. Also I take my shower right before bed and let warm/hot water run down my back and then lay on a heating pad for about 20mins. This has helped a lot.

Hope you have some relief soon :)

I also have scoliosis with rods in my back. Ouch!  I knew I would get the same pain too.   

• Options

imageekd816:
    For the past couple months I've been having this pain on my left side near by buttocks. It feels like its where my pelvic bone and femur go together. It would come and go but now its getting much worse. I had a strong pain today when I stood up and was limping because it hurt to walk. Its been pretty constant all day and hasn't let up. Has anyone experience this? It kinds feels like a really swore muscle ache. I'm guessing its just another pregnancy symptom but it seems weird that I would be having this much discomfort at 14 weeks. 

Sounds exactly like my sciatica nerve.  I would sometimes get stuck and stop walking for a minute.  And I would limp.  It is no fun.  I felt that warm compresses (not too hot) helped on my lower back and I would sometimes even sit on it.  It was really bad weeks ago but has lightened up some.  I hope it does for you too.  Does the pain shoot down your leg too and feel almost numbing?   

• Options
    imagepkfld82:

imageekd816:

Sounds exactly like my sciatica nerve.  I would sometimes get stuck and stop walking for a minute.  And I would limp.  It is no fun.  I felt that warm compresses (not too hot) helped on my lower back and I would sometimes even sit on it.  It was really bad weeks ago but has lightened up some.  I hope it does for you too.  Does the pain shoot down your leg too and feel almost numbing?   

Not really. Its more of just a muscle soreness. I can't recall it shooting down my leg. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've had the same pain for almost a month now.  I was surprised that it started so early, and am not too psyched about what it probably means the next few months have to hold!

I don't have scoliosis, but I do have enough of a curvature of the spine that my doctor always paid close attention as a kid.  

I haven't found too much to fix it other than staying off my feet.  Heat does seem to help some.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The past few days I have been having a shooting pain that almost feels like a pinched nerve arpund that area, mine is moreso where my thigh and butt meet...kind of like right in that left side of my left buttcheek (haha). It sometimes is tolerable but there are times when it is such a stabbing pain that I literally stop walking, without thinking about it, like my legs just stop because if they move any more it will hurt like a biitch. I thought it was really weird and random and cant imagine its associated with the pregnancy, but sounds a little similar to other peoples responses. I thought it was kind of weird that you posted this also as I was just about to post something about my issue! I hope we get these crazy afflictions figured out sooner than later so we can have a clue as to whats going on!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    I have the same pain, but it's on my right side.  For me, it's the worst to move from sitting to standing, it's like something gets stuck.  I honestly think that it's my hips shifting. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"