Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Carpal Tunnel after pregnancy

I got carpal tunnel 3 weeks before my due date and my doctor said it would go away after delivery.  It's been 15 days since I've had my baby and I still can't feel my fingers on both hands.  I don't have the shooting pain anymore like when I was pregnant, but the numbness is killing me.  Trying to button the snaps on onesies and diaper changes are challenging.  How anyone else had this problem and when did it resolve itself???
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carpal Tunnel after pregnancy

• For me, it took about 4 or 5 weeks for it to go away.  Hang in there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • having this as well my problem was my wrist keep locking have brace for both hands however I can't wear the brace while caring fot lo. Im also worried I am going to drop him whem my wrist locks up

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there... Mine went away for the most part abut 2 - 3 week safter she was born, but it still isn't completely 100% gone
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I ended up getting the cortozone (sp?) shots...I had it bad in both hands :( I first tried PT then acupuncture! Those did nothing! I had a shot in each wrist and 2 days later, I was loving it :) Back to me! (of course now I have the weight to work on still....so not the real me lol!)

• I'm just like you. The pain is gone but fingers still numb. My doc said it could take up to 6 weeks to go away completely unfortunately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • I do have the wrist braces, but they really don't seem to help.  Are there any other things you can do to relieve some of symptoms??  I heard ice packs on the wrist are supposed to help...anyone got any ideas???
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had CT really bad in my left hand. I wore the brace at night and as much as I could during the day. I used a pillow for LO's head when nursing (so he wasn't lying on my arm which makes it worse in my case) on that side. It's just starting to go away completely now. LO is 3 months old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"