December 2011 Moms
Options

BP update

I had a long update typed out but the internet ate it. So, in a nutshell, my urine and blood tests for preeclampsia came back in the normal range. So for right now there isn't really an explanation for the excessive swelling, rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. They are going to continue to monitor these factors closely but other than that I really don't know anything else. I have been told to come home and put my feet up after work and to lay on my left side to alleviate the swelling. Hopefully I will be able to work a little while longer without any risks to me or to the little one. Thanks for your thoughts!

ETA: Sorry that this was a PNR. We had internet issues yesterday. Thank you all for your responses.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BP update

• Options
    Take it easy momma!  I hope your BP and swelling go down soon.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    As annoying as it is to not have any explanations, glad to hear it's not pre-e, and that they'll let you continue to go to work.  Are they going to continue to monitor you to make sure it doesn't escalate to pre-e?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad to hear it's not pre-e.  :)

My BP has also slowly started "inching up" with every appt. lately.  Not so much that the OB is worried enough to put me on bedrest (and he's a pretty conservative doctor), but it's still getting higher.  My DH suggested getting an at-home BP cuff so that we can monitor my BP in between appts.  I know that it's not a replacement for an actual office-visit BP check, but the peace of mind was worth the $30.  :) 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for normal test results!
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    We just got this same update today.  I haven't had the rapid weight gain but the swelling and high BP put my OB on alert.  Since my blood and urine results are in the normal range, they are diagnosing it as gestational hypertension. Luckily, my boss is pretty cool, so I got the ok to go ahead and work from home so that I can keep my feet up as much as possible (without requiring an official Dr's note for bedrest, etc).  I guess it's good that it's not pre-e but just another thing to monitor (we've got the BP cuff at home to check intermittently and make sure things aren't getting crazy).  Good luck!!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options

imageawillis13:
    As annoying as it is to not have any explanations, glad to hear it's not pre-e, and that they'll let you continue to go to work.  Are they going to continue to monitor you to make sure it doesn't escalate to pre-e?

Sorry to PNR last night. We were having network issues. Yes, they are going to monitor me and I'm going to be having my bp checked daily. I am also going to keep a food journal so this PA will get off my back about sodium intake. She gave me a long speech about the harm in soda (which I don't drink) and adding extra salt to my food (I rarely do this). My next appointment is Tuesday. We'll see what they say then.

How are you doing? 

• Options

imagejesselayne8:
    Take it easy momma!  I hope your BP and swelling go down soon.

Thanks girl! How are you feeling these days? 

• Options

imagesunflwra:
    We just got this same update today.  I haven't had the rapid weight gain but the swelling and high BP put my OB on alert.  Since my blood and urine results are in the normal range, they are diagnosing it as gestational hypertension. Luckily, my boss is pretty cool, so I got the ok to go ahead and work from home so that I can keep my feet up as much as possible (without requiring an official Dr's note for bedrest, etc).  I guess it's good that it's not pre-e but just another thing to monitor (we've got the BP cuff at home to check intermittently and make sure things aren't getting crazy).  Good luck!!

I gained 8 pounds in a little less than 2 weeks. It's all due to swelling and fluid retention. I lost 4 of those pounds with one day on bed rest. It's amazing what getting off your feet will do for your body. Too bad about what it will do for my wallet.

How wonderful that you have such an understanding boss. That means a lot. My boss has been very concerned and has told me to sit while teaching as much as I possibly can. This is easier said than done with 18 kindergarten students. I am going to try my best. I also considered getting a BP cuff for home. I am just going to get our school nurse to check it every day before I leave work. If it gets bad enough at home, our neighbor is an RN and she has offered to help in any way. I'm sure she wouldn't mind checking my BP if I needed her to.

Keep your feet up and good luck! 

• Options
    imagebrandywine2010:

imageawillis13:

Sorry to PNR last night. We were having network issues. Yes, they are going to monitor me and I'm going to be having my bp checked daily. I am also going to keep a food journal so this PA will get off my back about sodium intake. She gave me a long speech about the harm in soda (which I don't drink) and adding extra salt to my food (I rarely do this). My next appointment is Tuesday. We'll see what they say then.

How are you doing? 

I'm doing ok, I go back for my repeat bloodwork and NST tomorrow, so hopefully everything is still the same.  Hopefully you'll be lucky and stay stable enough to avoid the bed rest.  I am just not a sit and rest kind of person.  The Dr would probably yell at me, but I need to keep busy somehow so I'm doing things that I can do sitting up in bed/on the couch (wrapping presents, paperwork for work, etc).

I've kept food journals before (luckily I don't have to do that now) - they definitely help keep you in check, but wow, it's hard to remember to write EVERY.LITTLE.THING you put in your mouth (especially when I was at school and there are snacks at every corner - in the office, in the teachers room...).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

So glad to hear that it's not pre-e, Brandy! I am sorry that the symptoms are still there, though. It sucks to not have an explanation for it. I hope you'll be able to hang in there for a couple more weeks!

xoxo

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Thanks, Ric. It's great to have the good news but confusing to still have the symptoms. I am just glad that the little one seems to be doing okay. Smile Hope you have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"