Upstate NY Babies
Options

Tubes update

Thankyou all for thinking of us today:)

Overall, it's done and over with and I'm so so happy! She's ok now and pretty much back to her old self.

We got there at 6am and come to find out the surgery wasn't scheduled until 7:30. It was a "mistake" and they were sorry. Try to keep a 1 1/2 year old occupied in a sterile waiting room when she is hungry, tired and thirsty. It was not fun. After an hour we were called back. Sat for another 45 minutes. But this time she couldn't wander and with no toys so DH ended up blowing up rubber gloves and dressing in the surgical hats to entertain her (I guess we were doing whatever we could to try and keep her calm). FINALLY, the doctor came in, did his spew and then she was wisked away. Honestly it wasn't bad for us b/c I guess she didn't cry until they were in the surgery room.

Surgery took a few minutes, that wasn't bad at all. When we were called back they were giving her oxygen, and she was dry heaving. It was horrible to see and watch. I finally got to hold her and then the screaming started. You all were right about the coming out of anesthesia! I've honestly never heard her scream that loud. She continued to dry heave and scream and they were talking about putting in an IV. I tried everything to calm her, wasn't working.

She finally stopped dry heaving but she continued to scream. Blood curding screaming, my nerves are shot! Anyway, she pretty much cried on and off for 3-4 hours and then began to get better. We tried to give her a light snack and a bottle, BAD IDEA. She threw up all over me and herself and the crying started again.

All seems well now. The entire house took a 3 hour nap and I'm still beat, since I slept only 2 hours last night. I'm glad this is over and hoping for an improvement with her cronic infections. The doctor said he drained significant fluid from each ear! Poor kid must have been hearing like she was under water.  

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: Tubes update

• Options
    So glad it's all done and she is feeling better! I hope you all get a good nights sleep! Can't wait to hear updates on her! Sorry it was such a rough day, I can't imagine going through it with a LO. =(
  • Options
    Glad to hear all is well now! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww, so sorry coming out of it wasn't easy. It is amazing what the poor little ones go through. Hope recovery is very easy, and she's on her way to no more ear infections.
  • Options
    sounds like it was a rough day.  i hope this helps her
  • Options
    Oh that does not sound like fun at all =(  But I'm glad it's over with and hopefully she is feeling better soon!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    What a day! I really hope everyone got rest last night and is feeling better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, you are a strong mama! Here's hoping she is right back to herself today and maybe even better since she will be able to hear better!
    image        image
  • Options

What a long and exhausting day for you guys!  It will be so worth it in the long run to avoid all those ear infections.

Alex had a rough time coming out of the anesthesia too.  I was there alone because DH stayed home to get Mike on the bus.  I was near tears and the nurse kept appologizing to me.    He's had his tubes since March and hasn't had a single ear infection since.  He also started walking and talking within a week of the tubes.  I'm sure all that fluid they drained make it hard to hear and hard to balance.

Bianca image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"