Parenting
Options

I'm getting excited about Christmas!

Random, I know.  But just felt like posting it.

I feel like we've got the kids some stuff that they really want.  Like really truly want (not buying just to buy, basically) and I can't wait for Christmas morning.  They are going to be so excited!

Re: I'm getting excited about Christmas!

• Options
    What did you get Joey?  He's the same age as my son, and you always seem to pick out cool stuff, so I'm curious.
  • Options

He's so hard!  :(

I got him the JLX stunt motorcycle, Razor Bogo Pogo, Trashies garbage truck/tin can (think: Squinkies but for disgusting boys! LOL).  That's what we have so far.  The other items I am going to get:

otterbox cover for his iPod Touch, angry birds card game and puzzle, knee/elbow pads (for the Pogo stick), possibly a new helmet for that as well, exploderz gun (it's like a paintball gun but with water balls (softer and less mess).  I'm actually getting him two of those so he has a second one for whoever he is battling against. 

some of the maybe items (depending on what we do/don't get above):
    Razor electric scooter, Nintendo DSi XL (but I think Joe is pretty much against this), new earbuds.

And that's all I got!  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me, too!  We don't have our decor or anything up yet, but C is already so excited about lights and trees and all of that, so it is going to be so much fun this year seeing him get to be involved in the fun and traditions of Christmas really for the first time.  I've got some fun craft projects planned and we've been giving our basement family room a makeover, so it should be nice to have all of that done in time to have our family over.
  • Options
    We're getting the trees and decorations up at work today.  We got a pile of snow this morning....it is like living in an Irving Berlin movie (except for all the swearing).
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options

Joseys - he IS at a great age!  So fun!  It does get better and better each year.  I love the ages my two are at this year....young enough to still believe/be in awe and old enough to give (real) input on what they would like and still be so psyched when they get it!

imageridesbuttons:
    We're getting the trees and decorations up at work today.  We got a pile of snow this morning....it is like living in an Irving Berlin movie (except for all the swearing).

LOL!  My dad always teases me that I want everything to look/feel like a Norman Rockwell painting.  Hey, what can I say, I'm a dreamer!  :)

• Options
    imageJodi&Joe:

He's so hard!  :(

I got him the JLX stunt motorcycle, Razor Bogo Pogo, Trashies garbage truck/tin can (think: Squinkies but for disgusting boys! LOL).  That's what we have so far.  The other items I am going to get:

otterbox cover for his iPod Touch, angry birds card game and puzzle, knee/elbow pads (for the Pogo stick), possibly a new helmet for that as well, exploderz gun (it's like a paintball gun but with water balls (softer and less mess).  I'm actually getting him two of those so he has a second one for whoever he is battling against. 

some of the maybe items (depending on what we do/don't get above):
    Razor electric scooter, Nintendo DSi XL (but I think Joe is pretty much against this), new earbuds.

And that's all I got!  :)

DS wants Trashies too!  And he loves Angry Birds too.  I got him one of those animal hats with an Angry Bird on it.

• Options

Elise - what do you have on his list so far?  Any additional ideas for Joey?

Auntie had suggested a magazine subscription and I think I am going to do that.  She linked to a dirt bike one (I need to go to 'my posts' and find it again) but I think he would enjoy that.  Other than that, and what's listed, I'm at a loss.

Joe, of course, has some ideas.  John Deere diecasts, a new diecast log truck, etc.  But he has SO many of those (even though he really does love them and uses them more than anything else he has) and they are like $50-100 each.  I like to use those as a last resort.

• Options
    imageJodi&Joe:

Elise - what do you have on his list so far?  Any additional ideas for Joey?

Auntie had suggested a magazine subscription and I think I am going to do that.  She linked to a dirt bike one (I need to go to 'my posts' and find it again) but I think he would enjoy that.  Other than that, and what's listed, I'm at a loss.

Joe, of course, has some ideas.  John Deere diecasts, a new diecast log truck, etc.  But he has SO many of those (even though he really does love them and uses them more than anything else he has) and they are like $50-100 each.  I like to use those as a last resort.

DS is really into Lego Ninjago, so I got him the new DVD, the game, and a few of the books. We are getting a Wii, so that and Mario Kart is his "big" gift. I also got him an Angry Bird seatshirt and hat; some Pokemon books; a DS game; a "make your own comic book" kit; a "Magic Science" kit; and a Dagedar racetrack. I am thinking about getting him the Mario Kart building set, but will probably give it to MIL as an idea if she asks.

DS is really into Beyblades, Pokemon, Power Rangers, Star Wars and Ninjago -- Joey might like some of that stuff.  His favorite gift from his birthday a couple months ago were the games "Battleship" and Monopoly Electronic Banking.

DS gets the "Ranger Rick" magazine and really likes it. The librarian at his school said that most of the boys like non-fiction stuff at the 1-3 grade-level, but it's hard to find non-fiction books at their reading level. Magazines are good non-fiction.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"