Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

yet another blanket ?

do you use a blanket in LO's crib? i'm wondering if we should introduce one. she's always been a bad sleeper, waking up every 2-3 hours every single night. lately, we've just brought her to bed with us starting around 2am and it's been great, since she'll sleep until almost 7am! do you think adding a blanket to her crib might help, if she needs the extra warmth and security?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: yet another blanket ?

• Options

My dd started sleeping with a pillow around 15 months and a blanket starting at about 16 or 17 months. I used a light receiving blanket at first,  and now we've moved onto a fleece type blanket since its colder out.

It's worth a try to see if she sleeps better, the extra warmth  and security can do wonders!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is obsessed with her blanket and lovie, so yes, she has it in there with her. I cover her when I put her in. She moves around so much that it's not really on her much, but she loves it. She sleeps on top of it and cuddles it a lot. Definitely try it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bedshare, so yes LO has a blanket on her.  However, she hates it and kicks it off.  If I wait until she's sleeping she'll wake up to kick it off. 
  • Options
    We've been giving ds a blanket for about 2 months. He has slept so much better with one. Try it one night & she how she does.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Yeah, we've done blankets with both our sons starting around 12 months or so. DS2 does tend to kick them off half the time (we co-sleep with him about half the night), but I think it helps when he's in his crib.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    We started using one at about 15 months.  DD just kicked it off to start and it would be in the corner of the crib in the morning.  She has just recently started keeping the blanket on and asking for it.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It could definitely help. My DD has been sleeping with a blanket and now she is obsessed with the thing. She has to bring it out of the crib now. I couldn't imagine her not having a blanket on these cold nights.
  • Options
    Nope, at 21m we still don't.  He sleeps in a halo sleepsack, which keeps him warm all night long.  He does now have a lovie stuffed animal. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

She has had a blanket since day 1 only bc her crib was right next to my bed and I could see her at all times. But I used to tuck it in to the end of her crib or to the side so it didnt go over her face. 

Now she just lays down on her pillow and I cover her up, I dont need to tuck it in bc if it goes over her face she moves it away.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • Options
    I think a lovey could definitely help her sleep. Whether that's a full size blanket or a smaller object, is up to you. For us, A uses a Little Giraffe Mini Blanket as his lovey.  I do sometimes also cover him with a larger blanket once he sleeping but he moves around way too much for that to stay on long.  If I'm really concerned about him staying warm, I put him in the Halo Early Walker Sack.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageShana419:
    I started giving him an aden+anais blanket a while ago when he started to want to cuddle with them.  Now those blankets are his security/lovies and he sleeps with one of those plus a plush fleece blanket.  They rarely actually cover him, but he likes to sleep on them.

LO got to sleep with her A & A blanket at 6 months and she caresses that blanket ALL night long. I put a fleece sleep sack on her for warmth, but have put a fleece blanket on her in the past (10 mos, maybe).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"