April 2012 Moms

Classes opinion...

My doctor told me to sign up for classes by 20 weeks because they fill up super quick.  Week 20 is here, HOWEVER, we might be moving out of the state (date yet to be determined, husby is looking for a new job, but we also might stay put) and I haven't signed up for anything.  Do you think I should sign up for classes now (do they give money back?) or wait until we know possibly if we are moving (which might take 2 months, might take a week.  We just don't know.)?  Are y'all signed up already?  There's so many available too, and, after paying for 3 or 4 of them, you're out $300!  Any special classes that are better than others?  Thanks, gals!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Classes opinion...

• My OB told me 24-25 weeks, so I was going to call before Christmas... I would call and ask the cancellation policy. Would you guys be able to move that quickly that you wouldn't be able to make the classes?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I honestly didn't think either of the classes I took were helpful to me. I learned more hanging out on the bump boards. I took a lamaze class. The name of the class was something along the lines of birthing class with lamaze in parentheses. I thought they would spend more time on the actual birthing process rather than the lamaze part (i planned on getting an epi from the start). So there was about 2 hours of info I wanted and the rest was learning how to he he ho through contractions. Oh and a VHS of a birth from the early 90s. I also took the breastfeeding class and most of it was them telling you the benefits of bfing like they were trying to convince us. I'm like, obviously we are gonna bf or at least try because we are in this class. I wanted more on actually how to feed and pump. Storage that sort of thing. So that's my take on the classes I took. If you think you should take them then i would call and see what their cancellation policy is on the classes.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just signed up today and am almost 22 weeks.  They took all my info but told me just to bring the money when we show up for the class.  You could call and see when you have to pay.  Maybe it will be the same for you and you can give them your info to hold your spot and pay later, but if decide to move, call and cancel.  I was surprised that the class we signed up for is 5 weeks and starts the middle of January.  If we waited until the next one, it would go into April so I would def. call and check the latest you should sign up.  Good luck with your move (if it happens :) )

IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • I didn't take any classes during my first pregnancy and am not planning on any this time. I personally didn't feel the need too and I didn't regret not going. I read a bunch of stuff online and in books and knew mostly what to expect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"