Parenting
Options

Crayola Crayon Maker

Does anyone have it???  The kids want it, and I think they would love it.  I was thinking about getting it for them as a joint gift but I won't if it is junk.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crayola Crayon Maker

• Options

I want to know the same. DS wants it and my mom was going to get it for him. I don't want it if it:

1. Smells bad

2. Doesn't actually melt the crayon.

3. Is a fire hazard.

But otherwise I'm all for it! haha 

She's crafty - and she's just my type.
  • Options
    I think it looks cool.  My kids have never mentioned it.  However, I envision going through hundreds of boxes of crayons to make new ones!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't mind the going through crayons part.   They have a huge can of old crayons grandma gave them so that is ok.  they love to make the in the oven, but it's ruining my cupcake pans:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So I have talked to couple of people and this is what I was told, that is does really work that they can make there own crayons what ever way they want.  It runs on a light bulb so its safe like that.  And the smell all depends on the person some said it smelled bad others said not to bad.  I did get it for my DD because I know she will love making her own crayons so I tried it
  • Options
    I saw the commercial for this earlier, and thought the kids would love it, the review on it is pretty bad, but we are still going to get it.
  • Options

Santa got it for them last year and it didn't work.  I think it was probably just our machine, not that they all don't work.  It just never heated up.

I returned it (I was going to exchange it, but just flat out returned), which led to questions about how you return things Santa brought, but I said that he worked something out with Target.  You get a gift card and they send it back to the North Pole for you...

• Options
    I have purchased it as a joint gift for my boys. I figure they'll break enough crayons (I'm also giving them a 96ct box of crayons) so it will be put to good use. It runs on a light bulb (which I still need to buy). Not sure how well it work yet though because Christmas isn't here yet!
  • Options

I'm coming in late on this, but wanted to let you know my experience with it. 

We got this for DS last year for Christmas and we also got it for our niece.  Both LOVE it.  We use the broke crayons in it.  You can mix and match any colors you want, it runs on a light bulb, so no fire hazard.  It does melt the crayons, though it can take a little bit longer for some crayons, depending on the brand, most melt within the time amount given (there is a timer button that you turn, and when that goes off the crayons are melted and it releases a trigger that will allow you to flip the trays down into the crayon molds.  When the crayons are being melted, there is a safty latch that keeps the kids from lifting up the lid, therefore they wont get burnt.  I don't think there is a smell, now obviously if you are using scented crayons, then there will be a smell, but the regular crayons, there is no smell.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"