Military Families

Any advice for first meeting of DH and LO

DH will come here on December 1st. LO hasn?t seen him for five months now(except on webcam) and I am quite nervous how she will react when she sees him again.

Do you have any advice to make the first meeting as smoothly as possible? Or just let me know about your expierences.

TIA Ladies

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image

Re: Any advice for first meeting of DH and LO

• Just take it slow.  I also suggest not having them meet at homecoming.  It is usually a very long wait, loud and a bit chaotic in a small child's eyes.  That could cause her to be upset or timid.  I would pick him up and bring him home to her where she is in a comfortable setting.  Take it slow and don't push him on her.  She may recongnize him and take to him quickly.  She may not.  Just take it slow. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've heard alot of mom;s say it's best if you don;t 'push' LO on DH or visa versa because they are both nervouse and tension is high. the more relaxed and go with the flow you are the more they will be. it will happen naturally just don't get worried if it doesn't go perfect right off the bat and reasure DH it's not him or that she disikes him she just has to get used to him. Best advice I've got.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just wanted to say YAY that your DH is coming home soon. Mine hasn't seen DD in a few months and he gets back soonish and im nervous too. Im sure it will be fine if you just take it slow. Good luck
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for your answers ladies. Just hoping LO won?t take too long to adjust to him because he is only here for 10 days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • LO will take cues from you. Try to relax and enjoy your time together. Get down on the floor together and play.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"