Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

My bank made a mistake...(long, sorry)

I feel like I am having the worst luck lately. First, I am having to pay a bunch of money to my dentist office because my insurance didn't cover. Well now, today my bank made a mistake. My fiance and I got paid today so he took the money and deposited part of it. He kept some to pay our landlord. We usually deposit it all and write a check. But our landlord was going out of town so we told him we would pay him cash this time so he could have it for his trip. They never came by before they left, so Bryan went back to the bank to deposit the remainder of the money.
 Well, I was checking our bank account online tonight and the money he deposited the second time wasn't showing up on the account. I told him about it. He said he kept the deposit slips they gave him in the car. He went and got them and we looked at the last 4 digits on the account numbers and they don't match. So this girl that did both deposits today sent our money to another account! Has anyone ever had this happen? Did they fix the situation and give your money back? He is going tomorrow to talk to the bank and see if they will fix their mistake.  I have never dealt with this, so I am a bit stressed about it. I am not in the situation to lose this money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My bank made a mistake...(long, sorry)

• Options
    I was a bank manager before I had DS. This actually happens quite a bit. Tellers make mistakes, we all do. Just let them know and they can search for the transaction. Everything is tracked and imaged so it will be easy to fix. Just wanted to give you a bit of peace of mind! :) (Also, if for whatever reason you had fees because the money wasn't there to cover transactions, they should refund them right away).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto pp. It should be an easy fix, especially since he has the slip.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you. I am a bit of a mess. I have so much bullshiit going on right now. I just want an easy end to the week. I would like to be able to enjoy my birthday instead of stressing over crap! This has just been the worst week ever. He said he gave them deposit slips with our account number on them both times. So hopefully they keep those. I just really need that money. I am glad Bryan kept the slips or else it might not be as easy to get it back.
  • Options
    imageOctGirl80:
    Ditto pp. It should be an easy fix, especially since he has the slip.

Yea. I hope so. He has both slips from both deposits. He would usually throw them away.
  • Options

yeah don't worry like pp say.  It happens.  Happened once to us.  It wasn't the teller who entered it wrong it was another person at another branch that apparently reenters all the info later in the day.   I didn't know they did stuff like that, but anyway so our slip was correct but when they pulled it up on the computer they saw that there was a mistake.

They'll take care of everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"