Stay at Home Moms
Options

Not even cool!

My poor little man has had an ear infection, which he just finished taking the medicine for and hasn't even acted like his ears were bothering him... But, he has been having a horrible time napping, usually 2 hour naps are 30 minutes for the past 2 weeks. He also only wants me to hold for a while right when he wakes up. I figured he was just having a tummy ache a first. Then I knew something was up when it was happening daily. 

So I took him to an after hours doctor office after G was picked up this afternoon. I just felt like maybe he wasn't over his ear infection. Well, I was somewhat wrong... He has fluid on both ears and its at its worst when he is laying down. The doctor said his ears could have fluid on them for a while. I feel so bad that I can't do anything about it :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not even cool!

• Options
    We actually already have his crib that way. It's not much but he won't sleep if it's angled too much or if its flat... It's too sad.
  • Options
    Have you considered any homeopathic remedies?  Hylands makes an earache tablet and a dropper form, they both may alleviate some of the pain and help him to sleep better.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshaunna&chad:
    Have you considered any homeopathic remedies?  Hylands makes an earache tablet and a dropper form, they both may alleviate some of the pain and help him to sleep better.

Definitely looking into that, thanks! 

• Options

imageUsm123:
    Poor baby! We went through this when my son was about the same age as you DS. We never really knew he was sick until we went to a well visit and she saw it. She put him on antibiotics and we scheduled a follow up. We did this 4 times each time with a different RX. We finally went to an ENT and he got tubes at 10 months old. I never realized he was sick until he was well! He started babbling much more, sleeping through the night, etc. I know he was uncomfortable but I think he was so used to it it didn't phase hi . Long story short, we've been there an it sucks. Just make sure you follow up with the DR. Regularly, if not for the follow-ups I never would have suspected.

I will go to the doctor at the sign of anything, lol. I definitely make sure to follow up. I'm so crazy about it, thanks! 

• Options

imageshaunna&chad:

Hylands also has good allergy, cold, and runny nose, tablets for children and infants. 

DD had cronic infections for most of her first year and a half. They told us if it didnt stop, she would need a tube.(7 infections in one year!) Something causes the fluid to start in there,a mild cold, an allergy to something... figure out the cause for the beginning, and you can stop the infections.

We went all out, she got an air purifier, was put her on Allergy meds, and we even moved to a different place. (that was happening anyway) I changed detergents, cut down her dairy,and got very aggressive about drying her ears after her hair got washed. something worked. Not one infection since then.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"