Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Poll: Are you an organ donor?

Just got my driver's license renewed yesterday and I just wondered...[Poll]

Re: Poll: Are you an organ donor?

• I had a hard time deciding until I thought, "WTF am I going to do with my organs after I'm dead?" haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRyAnsMoMMy123:
    I had a hard time deciding until I thought, "WTF am I going to do with my organs after I'm dead?" haha.

LMAO...my thought process exactly!!

• Loading the player...
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageRyAnsMoMMy123:
    I had a hard time deciding until I thought, "WTF am I going to do with my organs after I'm dead?" haha.
    Do zombies need all their parts? I could see that posing an issue.

LOL!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLovedByHim316:
    I have this completely irrational fear that if I become an organ donor, theyre going to take my parts when im not really dead. Like those stories you hear when someone is pronounced dead for a few seconds/minutes and then comes back...

From my understanding, they have to keep your body functioning for a while so that the organs remain viable.  You know what, I think this only applies if your brain dead. Or I could totally be wrong.

• For the longest time I wasn't because, although I wasn't strongly opposed, I wasn't strongly in favour either, and it wasn't something I was going to do just because. But then I figured why not.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• imageLovedByHim316:
    I have this completely irrational fear that if I become an organ donor, theyre going to take my parts when im not really dead. Like those stories you hear when someone is pronounced dead for a few seconds/minutes and then comes back...

That was exactly my first thought, like it was going to be a conspiracy if I was on my death bed. Then I realized I was being crazy. Haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They can have everything they can use, eyes, skin, all my organs, if it saves someones life or improves their quality of life after I die than they can have it, what they hell am I going to do with it?
  • imageMolluskwrangler:
    They can have everything they can use, eyes, skin, all my organs, if it saves someones life or improves their quality of life after I die than they can have it, what they hell am I going to do with it?

Um, I'd like to have both my eyes and my skin when I come back during the Zombie Apocolypse, thank you very much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHyfagal:

imageMolluskwrangler:
    They can have everything they can use, eyes, skin, all my organs, if it saves someones life or improves their quality of life after I die than they can have it, what they hell am I going to do with it?

Um, I'd like to have both my eyes and my skin when I come back during the Zombie Apocolypse, thank you very much.

I don't want to be a zombie. Hopefully they will take my brains too.

I'll save you the trouble.  They probably won't help anyone.

• I am but I just watched something on nightline about a young girl who got shot between the eyes and couldn't talk but she remembers hearing a doctor coming in saying he wanted her lungs and she remembers thinking, No I still need those.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagevickycat:
    I am but I just watched something on nightline about a young girl who got shot between the eyes and couldn't talk but she remembers hearing a doctor coming in saying he wanted her lungs and she remembers thinking, No I still need those.

Good God! You'd think as a Dr. he'd understand that the brain is often still functioning if the rest of the body isn't. We got sensitivity training in First Responders class about not saying things like they're not going to make it or how bad injuries look even if they're unresponsive because of this. What a douche.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMolluskwrangler:
    This.  My H is instructed to give permission to take everything away that they want, and have the remaining scraps cremated.
  • imageDoodle2011:
    imageMolluskwrangler:
    This.  My H is instructed to give permission to take everything away that they want, and have the remaining scraps cremated.

Yup.  Take what they can use and burn the rest...I guess I'm not too sentimental or attached to my body.

• Of course I'm a donor as my almost 16 year old niece is on the transplant list waiting for a new liver. She's lived with a bad liver her whole life. She had a malformation of her bile ducts at birth. My family is on the list as well. I think being a donor is very important.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"