June 2012 Moms

Maternity clothes for warmer weather

I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas in late January. It's 9 days, so I'm going to need some summer clothes. I was thinking about just buying some summery dresses to get me through, but after reading in a post below that most women need maternity clothes for weeks/months *after* they give birth, I'm thinking I'm going to need more of a summer wardrobe than I originally planned for.

So where can I buy maternity shorts in December/January? I looked at Gap/Old Navy online but neither of them had them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity clothes for warmer weather

• Look at your local thrift stores for a start.  I live in FL so they have shorts at Motherhood/ Target almost year round.  If you have relatives down here, maybe ask them?  Or if you have any friends that have been pregnant before, ask if they saved their summer stuff?  Oh, and remember cotton jersey and wrap dresses are your friend.  I bought 4/5 cotton jersey non maternity dresses which I wore throughout my pregnancy and after.

Have fun on your cruise!  It sounds fantastic.

• I just saw today that Destination Maternity is having a clearance sale. Try there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, all my relatives live in the cold Northeast, so they're out. 

I was thinking Destination Maternity but i haven't been recently. But i just got a gift card from there too! Thanks! 

• Check ebay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Destination Maternity online and EBay
  • Motherhood Maternity online has some:

https://www.motherhood.com/maternity/shorts.asp

Although, I will say that if you are a dress person, I would still go ahead and get some summery dresses - either maternity, or a lot of regular dresses with the high waist (empire waist?) leave room for a belly.  Dresses were my favorite thing to wear when pregnant during the summer with DS.  And, they are comfy for the post-baby belly, too. 

• I saw some on Destination Maternity's website today.  They're having a big sale right now too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"