June 2011 Moms

Crib SUCCESS!!!!! :)

hi ladies!!

My daughter slept in our room (in the newborn rock & play sleeper) next to our bed every night. For the first 3 months, she slept great... then she started becoming an awful sleeper. She only ate 1-2 times a night but she woke up often for the pacifier. It became worse and worse and I finally decided I needed to try sleep training. I read Dr Ferber's book, mentally prepared, and my husband & I started on Sunday.

We did bedtime routine and put her to bed at 7 PM..... she promptly fell asleep and did a great job until 10:30 PM. She woke up crying. We waited 3 minutes and went in. She continued. We went in 5 minutes later. She continued to cry, and we went in 10 minutes later...... and this continued until 3:00 AM. No lie. It was torture. I felt so bad for her. I was exhausted, my husband was exhausted, the whole thing was a mess and I was sure it would never work. She woke up at 5:30 AM and I nursed her, she fell asleep and I brought her in bed. She was really happy all day despite no sleep - she took her normal 2 naps but that was it.

The next night (Monday), I pushed through and was told it would take anywhere from 3-10 nights to get her to sleep through the night. We put her to bed again at 7 PM.... and we did not hear a PEEP until 5:45 AM!!!!!!!!!! No joke. She made a few whimpers but otherwise slept!!! It was incredible. I nursed her when seh woke up, brought in her bed and she slept until 8:00 AM!

We did the same thing again last night and she AGAIN slept 7:00 - 5:30 AM.. nursed her before work and put her in bed with my hubby until the nanny came.

I thought we would never be able to do it and I'm happy to say it worked!!

Some things that I (think?) helped....

1. We put a pillow underneath the crib sheet so it's slightly inclined (I got it at Babies R Us - it's a wedge) - my LO has Acid Reflux.

2. I give her teething tables (Hyland's) - prior to bed. They are hollistic and work wonders!

3. I have a video monitor so I don't need to go in to check on her.

Ok that's it. I'm no expert but I thought this may give hope to the mamas out there worried about switching her :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker

Re: Crib SUCCESS!!!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"