Nurseries and Baby Gear

How many different types of strollers do I need?

Excuse my FTM ignorance here, but how many strollers do I really need?

I am not too thrilled with the whole travel system idea, so I wanted to get a City Mini to use as my main stroller. I would either get the infant seat adapter bar or purchase a separate Snap-n-Go to use when LO is tiny. I see that lots of ladies use the CM as their umbrella stroller, and I'm just wondering if I actually need another stroller in addition to the CM... can't I just use that as my only one or am I missing something...?

Also, I have a relative who is giving us a used jogging stroller. I am not sure exactly now nice it is, but it will do for the time being once LO is old enough to take jogging with me. If I like it enough I would invest in a higher quality jogging stroller.

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed by this. How many different stroller types did you use? TIA

imageVisit The Nest!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many different types of strollers do I need?

• We only have one stroller.  Its the travel system.  We like it, but I can see where a lot of people wouldn't.  I wouldn't think you would need more than one stroller..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a travel system, where the stroller is actually a jogging stroller. I use it just like a regular stroller and I love it. Because it's so big, though, I also bought an inexpensive umbrella stroller. Just nice to have and easy to store.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a FTM that hated every travel system we saw.

We're getting the Baby Trend Snap N Go to start with then moving to a lightweight stroller. I like the jogging strollers but know I won't use it that much and probably would never go jogging (personally). I'm having LO during the winter so liked the idea of the Snap N Go since I wouldn't have to take LO out of his car seat when he's sleeping (and in the cold). I probably won't use this stroller a ton (since it will be the winter) but plan to take it to the mall, certain indoor community events.

That's my plan at least! Each stroller we're looking at is under $75. I might consider spending more if we'd really use it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Snap n' Go and the City Mini.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm also a FTM and I plan on only using one stroller.
  • We have the City Mini and I would say it is the only stroller we need. We originally bought a snap n' go but I hated it, so we returned it and got the car seat adapter for the City Mini. Best choice ever! Hope this helps!
  • We have the city mini & the carseat adapter, which was a great system.  The CM is our travel stroller as well.  We also purchased a bumbleride indie which is better for off roading, since our neighborhood is bumpy and we go to the zoo and park often.  If you live in an urban setting the CM is the way to go; a jogging stroller is great for running & long walks.
  • imageMeenaJo:
    We have a travel system, where the stroller is actually a jogging stroller. I use it just like a regular stroller and I love it. Because it's so big, though, I also bought an inexpensive umbrella stroller. Just nice to have and easy to store.

We did this too, jogging stroller took up entire trunk so I bought a small used stroller.  I think it depends on your vehicle.  Now we have a minivan so the jogging stroller probably wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

• Get one stroller (the city mini with travel bar is far superior to the snap n go).  If you feel that you need another stroller for another purpose at a later date, than get one.  I have a  Bugaboo Frog and CM and I really only needed the City Mini.  The luxury of having two is nice- we keep the Bugaboo open and ready to go at home for neighborhood walks) and I keep CM in car.  It is not a necessity though!
  • We have an UBV that we use 98% of the time.  I bought a cheap umbrella stroller (First Years Ignite) to use for airplane travel or when we go somewhere where I need to check it (like when we walk to the children's museum).

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• You ladies are telling me exactly what I want to hear! I will plan on getting the CM like I have wanted and will get the adapter bar. If in the future I see the need for a bigger, nicer stroller (or if #2 comes along and I'd want a double), I will make that decision at that time!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • It really depends on your lifestyle. For me, I need a fullsized stroller (think travel system stroller, but I want a better quality one this time) for when we go to the amusement parks (we have season passes and usually go about once a week during spring and summer) and mall shopping, etc. I also like to have an umbrella (NOT a cheap-o one though!) so quick trips, and to keep in the van. My kids will both be playing soccer and my son is in scouts, so there will be lots of outdoor activities, and I want to start running again so I want a good quality jogging stroller.
  • With DS we had a Chicco travel system and eventually bought a BOB that we used for walks and various other things. The Chicco was our everyday stroller though. When we found out we were expecting another baby we decided to sell the Chicco and BOB and get a City Select because it can be used as a snap n go, a single, or a double. I wish we had just gotten it when DS was born so we didn't end up spending money on the other strollers. It's a great stroller!

• I have the City Select and its the only stroller we plan on getting unless something comes up and there is a need.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got the Britax B-ready as our daily stroller with the bassinet,and car seat adapter.And since we are both runners we also got the Joovy Zoom as a jogging stroller. 
  • I know I'm late joining in this convo, but I wanted to mention to OP that you mentioned having more kids, the CM has a glider board you can add to the back of the stroller, (on the metal bar between the wheels) that the older child can stand on.  There are so many options with the CM, I think you will love it!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageolliehoops:
    I know I'm late joining in this convo, but I wanted to mention to OP that you mentioned having more kids, the CM has a glider board you can add to the back of the stroller, (on the metal bar between the wheels) that the older child can stand on.  There are so many options with the CM, I think you will love it!

This is the first I've seen mention of this, so thanks for bringing that up! 

imageVisit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"