Pregnant after IF

Why is my u/s so late?

Seems like everyone here is getting their first u/s at 5 or 6 weeks. Mine is scheduled for when I am already 7w3d.  Seems like a long time to wait. I'm wondering why my RE seems to be doing things differently.  Plus, he said I won't go back to my OB until I am out of the first tri. 
4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
IVF#1 = BFN
IVF#2 = BFN
IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
Beta #1: 485
Beta #2: 2,495
Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
imageimageimage

Re: Why is my u/s so late?

• I know there are some REs that will wait to do u/s until a heartbeat will be visible. Mine is one of those, but I did have one at 5 weeks due to some concerns about a possible ectopic. My guess is yours is one of the ones who likes to wait, although it is so hard to do so! GL! I hope time flies!
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My RE did first u/s early.  He also did betas really early.  But, you may not see a heartbeat before 7 weeks.  So, your RE probably doesn't want you to spend time worrying about whether or not you will see a heartbeat.  Besides, some insurance companies won't cover multiple early u/s.  So, many clinics try to be mindful of this, too.

Good luck!!  You should be one of the lucky ones that gets to see a heartbeat at your first u/s!!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • the ones in the 5 week range are usually to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy. 

....you could always lie and say you are having weird pains and spotting if you want an earlier u/s.  i never had to do that bc mine were always so early but im not above it that's for sure ; )

• My RE did warn me before doing our super early u/s (4w6d). They offered to do it that day, but didn't want me to be upset if all we saw was the gestational sac. Otherwise, they probably would have waited until 6 weeks. They then do weekly ultrasounds until they release me. I stay with my RE until 12 weeks.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • My first one was at 6w4d- and then repeated at 7w4d- or there about may have been 6w3d.  With DS, after my m/c the earliest they would do an u/s was 7w because of the risk of not seeing a heartbeat.  It's late, but for most people, it's still super early.  Will they do it a few days ahead of time if you ask?
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• imagecvillecouple:
     Will they do it a few days ahead of time if you ask?

I'm not sure.  She said the earliest he would do it was 12/16 which put me at exactly 7w but the RE couldn't do it that day so we're doing it on 12/19.  So I think they're pretty set on not doing it before 7w.  I might ask anyway, just in case!

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • I didn't have mine until 6w6d...so not much earlier than yours. Each RE have their own protocol. Mine released me to my OB after just the one u/s. That is just how they do it. Good luck. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • My first u/s was at 5w6d, but we had some beta scares and my RE wanted to see how things were going and make sure it was all OK. 

Good luck!  The waiting between u/s is the worst! 

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine was the same, after 7w to guarantee they would see a HB, then they release you to the OB, which I saw @ 9w. We got to go in a few days early for this one, due to our previous loss. Hang in there and GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'd try not to worry too much.  At least at 7w3d, you're sure to see the heartbeat.  I had my 1st u/s at 5w2d because I had a history of an ectopic, so RE wanted to be sure the sac was intrauterine and not elsewhere.  RE likes to do them weekly but I begged him to let me wait to come in for 2nd u/s until I was 7 weeks so we'd be sure to see heartbeat.  I didn't want to go at like 6 weeks or so and not see the heartbeat, and then worry.  Once I explained my fears to him, then he understood and let me wait.

My RE follows pg patients throughout the 1st tri.  So I wasn't released to the OB until I was 12 weeks or so.  It was fine with me.  The OB will treat you like a normal pg person, meaning no special attention.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am right there with you. My RE also doesn't schedule till 7 weeks (at least for us IVFers), and the only appointment I could get that my husband could also make is 7w4d. The wait is too much! 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"