Cloth Diapering
Options

If you're not supposed to use dryer sheets...

Then how do you keep your clothes from getting static-y, especially in the winter?  I understand dryer sheets can cause buildup in your dryer which can negatively affect CD's, right?

Re: If you're not supposed to use dryer sheets...

• Options
    cut down on your dryer time.  the longer the clothes are in there moving around the more static is going to build up.  wool dryer balls can help with this
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used a little bit of Ecover last winter in with my clothes to cut down on static. Some people might not recommend using it, but I never had problems with my pocket diapers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out this Bumpie Business List .

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto the dryer time.  Really, that's about all you need to do.  Bonus, you'll save resources.  :)
  • Options
    I've never used a dryer sheet in my life and never had a static problem. I guess I'm lucky, ha. I did recently purchase wool dryer balls to cut down on my dryer time though (and it worked- cut about 20 minutes off a full load).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wool dryer balls help. I use 4.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!  Now to inform DH that dryer sheets are going to be laundry item non grata in our house now. 
  • Options

I noticed that once I started using vinegar in place of fabric softner, static from the dryer seemed to be drastically reduced.

Also, natural fibers create less static then say, polyester or nylon, so beware of a few zaps this winter if drying a load that is very heavy with synthetic fibers.

• Options

imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    I've never used a dryer sheet in my life and never had a static problem. I guess I'm lucky, ha. I did recently purchase wool dryer balls to cut down on my dryer time though (and it worked- cut about 20 minutes off a full load).

Holy cow. I need some balls! ;0) 

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrs.g_6708:

imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:

Holy cow. I need some balls! ;0) 

I was seriously amazed! I have an old piece of cr@p dryer (we rent) and it was taking 70 minutes to dry a full load. Now it's down to 50 minutes. I ordered a set of 6 from the Etsy selle CleanSypria.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"