Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Iron Supplementing

DS has been prescribed Feosol for iron supplementation.  3mL twice a day.  I am finding it impossible to give it to him.  It tastes disgusting no matter what I mix it with!  Any tips??
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Iron Supplementing

• Options

Have you tried just holding him down and giving it to him?

If that doesn't work, what about mixing it in pudding or yogurt?

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  I guess it never really occurred to me to just give it to him straight.  I'll tell him to be a tough guy and try it - and bribe him with marshmallow chasers, I think. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrs.mastro:
    Thanks ladies!  I guess it never really occurred to me to just give it to him straight.  I'll tell him to be a tough guy and try it - and bribe him with marshmallow chasers, I think. :)

That would be your best bet I think...  when I was sick a couple years ago I had this liquid cough medicine that was AWFUL...  I just downed it and had something yummy waiting for me to chase it down with.

• Options
    I give it to DD straight.  At first she made a face but she has been taking it for about 5 months now and she takes it with no problem at all now.  I think she has gotten used to the taste now.  When I get the drops out, she opens wide waiting for me to give it to her.  LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"