Austin Babies
Options

Thomas vs. Chuggington

Does anyone have both of these sets? I asked Will what he wanted for Christmas and he said, "Chuggers!" - he's recently really gotten into the show. I looked it up and they do have wooden railway sets, but I want it to work with the Thomas stuff we already have...it looks like it *should*, but I can't find anything to document that anywhere.

Re: Thomas vs. Chuggington

• Options

We only have Brio wooden stuff, but all the wooden brands (except IKEA) are generally compatible with one another.  So Melissa&Doug, Thomas, Imaginarium, Brio, Target's brand, and Chuggington should all intermix.  From the Chuggington web site: "Compatible with other train systems, your child will enjoy hours of imaginative, developmental play."

We do have Thomas and Chuggington die-cast metal trains and the Chuggington work fine on the Thomas Take-n-Play track, so I can vouch personally for that.

• Options

Charlie just got a bunch of Chuggington train cars for his birthday - die cast, I don't know if they do wooden too. They are really cute! He loves them.

They do not run on our Circo tracks, which is too bad. The Thomas cars we have all do fit on those, so I was surprised. These Chuggington ones seem much more narrow. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRach03k:

Charlie just got a bunch of Chuggington train cars for his birthday - die cast, I don't know if they do wooden too. They are really cute! He loves them.

They do not run on our Circo tracks, which is too bad. The Thomas cars we have all do fit on those, so I was surprised. These Chuggington ones seem much more narrow. 

Just curious - Your Circo tracks are wooden, right?  What about your Thomas cars that you referenced?  Wooden or die cast?   It seems that die cast work on die cast-gauge tracks and wooden trains work on wooden-gauge track.  I just went and measured a wooden (Brio), a die-cast Thomas and a die-cast Chuggington.  The die-cast are identical width to each other, but narrower gauge than the wooden.  Chuggington now comes in three sizes - die cast (original), interactive (large, battery powered), and wooden.

• Options
    imagenaclh2otaffy:
    imageRach03k:

Just curious - Your Circo tracks are wooden, right?  What about your Thomas cars that you referenced?  Wooden or die cast?   It seems that die cast work on die cast-gauge tracks and wooden trains work on wooden-gauge track.  I just went and measured a wooden (Brio), a die-cast Thomas and a die-cast Chuggington.  The die-cast are identical width to each other, but narrower gauge than the wooden.  Chuggington now comes in three sizes - die cast (original), interactive (large, battery powered), and wooden.

Yes my Circo tracks are wooden...I think the Thomas ones are a mix of wooden, die cast, and plastic, but now that I think about it it's possible that we've only actually tried the wooden ones on the tracks.

I am such a train noob! Lol!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"