Pregnant after a Loss
Options

~*~*~*~December Mamas Check In~*~*~*~

Well ladies, today is the last day of November - tomorrow is the first day of the month that most, I hope all, the December ladies have their babies! I'm getting misty just thinking about it!

With the holiday I think I may have missed some LOs being born, let me know if you know of any new December babies from the list. Congrats to iluvmylab and welcome to Anderson! I haven't seen any updates from our other mamas with their outside babies but I want to send T&P that all is going well with them!

So ladies:

How are you feeling?

Appts?

Milestones?

Who will you call when you go to the hospital? Who will you let in the room during labor?

<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM:windowtext 1pt solid;BORDER-LEFT:#ece9d8;PADDING-BOTTOM:0in;BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent;PADDING-LEFT:5.4pt;WIDTH:0.5in;PADDING-RIGHT:5.4pt;BORDER-TOP:#ece9d8;BORDER-RIGHT

hart0620

Green

cmcmillan0510

Blue

Foolish 5366

Pink

Pennynjon

Eli

11/11/11

mrs.tashnash

Blue

hugs&hissyfits

Blue

11/24/11

JoAnna914

Josephine Ellen or Jackson William

iluvmylab

Anderson Michael

11/29/11

Wi-mommy-hopeful

Noah James

11/15/11

Jen98jib

Corin

11/16/11

nekillo

Green

dondraandluis

Pink

Steph141

RizziB

Pink

GPickles

Colton Michael

MommyandKate

age5157

greenbaby3114

Blue

msBlackandGold

Pink

luckylady55

Green

luckymrs718

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: ~*~*~*~December Mamas Check In~*~*~*~

• Options

How are you feeling?

Still really good, though my back and inner thighs are KILLING me! LO is sitting directly on my pelvis, which I guess is causing the pain. Still sleeping wonderfully, thank goodness, though not for much longer! 

Appts?

I have an NST tomorrow and a follow-up ultrasound on Monday. Depending on the outcome, we may be getting induced that day, or by next Friday at the latest. Holy crap!

Milestones?

Full term next week! Hang on little girl, mommy wants you well done, not medium well ;-)

Who will you call when you go to the hospital? Who will you let in the room during labor?

Calling our parents and siblings. We will definitely be induced, so our family has already gotten the heads-up. DH is the only person allowed in the room from the time I get the epidural until we are in the recovery room and I've already nursed and she's had a bath. Our family has no problem "tailgating" in the waiting room until then - this is the first baby so they are super excited!

Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

How are you feeling?

I'm uncomfortable for sure but I'm still functioning. Sleeping is getting alot more complicated with each day that passes but I'm managing. I rest alot after work and consequently now I'm getting nothing accomplished at home. Oh well.

Appts?

I had a good appt yesterday. We go next Thurs (DH's bday) for a growth u/s and afterwards I'm going to give him his gift from LO - "I can't wait to meet my daddy" book. I have another appt with the Dr on next Fri for an internal check.

Milestones?

Nothing really. Everyday is a blessing and full term is coming up soon! WOW!

My mother will kill me if I don't call her when I go to the hospital. DH will probably call/text/FB every single person he knows and I don't think I'll be able to stop him. I'd rather let people know later - like when I'm pushing, giving constant updates is going to get annoying and stressful I'm afraid.

I may only want DH in the room with me. My mom maybe, but she'll prob say the wrong thing and I'll kick her out, I can't imagine that I'll want to be polite at that point but I'll probably call her back in b/c I'll feel bad. Who knows. I would love to have DH's step mom visit me but I think it won't sit well with his mom b/c I don't want her in there. A guest list for labor - what a pain. It'll probably be best to just have DH with me, poor man. LOL.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesmallfry5909:

How are you feeling?

Still really good, though my back and inner thighs are KILLING me! LO is sitting directly on my pelvis, which I guess is causing the pain. Still sleeping wonderfully, thank goodness, though not for much longer! 

Appts?

I have an NST tomorrow and a follow-up ultrasound on Monday. Depending on the outcome, we may be getting induced that day, or by next Friday at the latest. Holy crap!

Milestones?

Full term next week! Hang on little girl, mommy wants you well done, not medium well ;-)

Calling our parents and siblings. We will definitely be induced, so our family has already gotten the heads-up. DH is the only person allowed in the room from the time I get the epidural until we are in the recovery room and I've already nursed and she's had a bath. Our family has no problem "tailgating" in the waiting room until then - this is the first baby so they are super excited!

That is a great idea! I know my family will be excited but hopefully if I tell them my wishes they will chill for a little bit before pouncing. LOL. This is my sides first grandchild/nephew so they are super excited too.

I'll be stalking you for progress, induction. Cook LO, cook!

• Options
    How are you feeling? Still pretty good for the most part. I have the common late third tri annoyances- trouble sleeping, aching back, heartburn, baby hanging out low in my pelvis- but overall I feel like it could be so much worse so I'm counting myself lucky. Appts? Had my weekly appointment on Monday. Nothing too terribly exciting. The whole past month I've been hoping not have made any more progress, and now I'm hoping that by my next appointment I'll have made some. Milestones? I'll be full term on Saturday. Who will you call when you go to the hospital? Who will you let in the room during labor? Depending on the time of day, we will either call/text our parents, and give them strict orders not to go around telling everyone/putting it on fb. We will also most likely call our friends who dog sit for us so they can come take care of the furbabies. During labor the only person allowed in the room will be DH. Our families are all far away so there is no chance that anyone will camp out or try to come in before we are ready. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good, overall. Starting to get a little creaky and I have constant back pain, but otherwise ok. I've been having lots of contractions for weeks now, and I can feel them a lot more now.

My husband will be out of town next week for work, so I'm a little nervous about that. Fortunately, he's a 3 hour drive away so I'm hopeful that even if I do go into labor he'll be able to make it down. Cross your fingers for us, ladies!

Appts? I have 2 NSTs a week plus a perinatology visit. I feel like I'm at the hospital all the time! I also had my check in at the placenta clinic yesterday and my placenta is starting to deteriorate a bit, but not enough to be too concerning. I've been monitored for potential placental insufficiency the entire pregnancy, so getting this far without any real issues is a huge milestone for me.

Milestones? Full term today! Feels great, especially since nobody thought we'd make it this far with all the placenta stuff. I also have 3 more days of work before my leave, which means I am equally stressed and excited.

Who will you call when you go to the hospital? I will call my immediate family and in laws, but they are not to come to the hospital until we are in our postpartum room.

Who will you let in the room during labor? Just my husband.

• Options

Because I'm a crazy lurker, I just wanted to let you know that hugs&hissyfits had a baby boy on November 24, 2011. They named him Harrison Ross. Pennynjon let us know a couple of days ago.

I'll go back to TTCAL now...Embarrassed

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagejenn0021:

Because I'm a crazy lurker, I just wanted to let you know that hugs&hissyfits had a baby boy on November 24, 2011. They named him Harrison Ross. Pennynjon let us know a couple of days ago.

Thank you sweet lady! I thought she had baby!

I want your lurking days to end and you live over here!

• Options

How are you feeling?

I'm feeling a little uncomfortable, but much better than I thought I was going to at this point.  I'm still making it into work regularly with my 1 1/2 hour commute each way, so I consider that a victory. 

Otherwise, this kid is rocking and rolling all the time.  I thought that they were supposed to start running out of room at this point!  S/he's making me motion sick, lol. 

Appts?

Next appointment is Friday; we're really hoping for some progress at this point, but Bean seems really comfortable so I'm not optimistic, lol. 

Milestones?

Um - 6 days until my due date?  I don't know - every day feels like a milestone at this point, lol. 

We will call my parents as soon as I start having timable contractions because they live five hours away, and will text DH's brother who will be the point person for my in-laws.  During labor, only DH will be allowed in unless there is a medical emergency that I want to confer with my father on (he's a doctor), in which case he can come in with our specific request.  

• Options
    imagekarma79:
    imagejenn0021:

Thank you sweet lady! I thought she had baby!

I want your lurking days to end and you live over here!

Thanks. It will be a while before this is my new home. We're still TTA and will be for another couple of months at least. Maybe next summer?

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm feeling pretty well, better than a lot of other pregnant women. I have an appt. tomorrow morning (first internal :/). Baby girl will be full term in a week, that's a pretty exciting milestone approaching. As for our labor guests list... We'll call my mom & his mom. I don't want anyone sitting up there just waiting for me to deliver(and I want time alone with her before people come crowding in). The hospital I'm delivering at has seperate delivery & post partum rooms, I'd rather people wait until I get settled into the pp room before visiting. There are strict orders directed at my mom & his mom to not tell people to just come on by. Luckily the hospital has a, "you can't come in without the code policy". I fully plan on utilizing that!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

How are you feeling?

Feeling fine. After the holiday break I have started sleeping again, so I'm excited about that. My tolorance for people is running thin though.

Appts?

I have my normal weekly tomorrow. Next week I meet with the dr who will be on call during Christmas (my Dr. will be off for the holiday).

Milestones?

Full term Friday! YEY!

You know, we haven't talked about who we will call....I know we'll call DH parents (they live 9hrs away, and want to drive as soon as we're in active labor--but I'm thinking we'll probably wait until we're on our way to the hospital). I work in a family business, so we will have to let my parents know becuase...well...I won't be going to work the next day. I'd rather keep it to just those people, but DH has gotten on 4sqare and now likes to update where he is at ALL times! So, we'll see.

• Options

How are you feeling?

Not going to lie I'm really grumpy.  My measurements have been about a week behind and today she told me I'm measuring 34 weeks (vs. 36).  Just freaking shoot me.  On top of that, my Flex Spending card hasn't worked in over a week due to a clerical error and I needed to pick up my prenatals and gestational diabetes supplies today and they told me my card was denied.  I literally can still feel my heart pounding from the yelling I gave to the customer service rep for my card.  I said sorry to yell at you but this is beyond absurd ridiculous.  I asked..what happens if I need the card because I'm in labor...their response...call us and we can activate it for you.  Yeah cause that's going to be on the top of my freaking list!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!

Appts?

Weekly now.  Next is 12/6.  I measured at 1cm today which is not really much of anything.

Milestones?

Considering I'm going in the wrong direction as far as time goes, no Embarrassed

Debatable.  My parents will drive down immeditely but they live 3 hours away.  We'll call MIL but she is notorious for being late.  DH only in the room during labor.  I've considered DS as well...is that crazy?  Let me know what you think.

Asher Thomas 5.19.10
    Miles Edmund 12.29.11
    Liam Robert 1.21.14
    Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15
  • Options
    thinking of you and hoping all is ok.
  • Options

Feeling? Giant. Heartburn like crazy.

Appts? Next Friday December 9th starts my every week appts.

Milestones? I am totally having false labor at night a few times so far. I NEVER had any of that with Noah so I feel like I'm now part of a club that can talk about how hard contractions are etc. She is super low and it feels like she is about to fall out.

Call? EVERYONE! lol!

I'm having a c-section so just to let family know that I will be going under the knife soon. Only Husband in the operating room. No one will be at the hospital waiting though. Having family watch Noah while we are in hospital.

• Options
    Our giant milestone of the week is Corin is finally home.  He was discharged on Monday and doing well.  He's now up to 3 lbs, 9 oz and gaining steady.  Looking forward to seeing lots more December babies now that it's actually December! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
  • Options

imageJen98jib:
    Our giant milestone of the week is Corin is finally home.  He was discharged on Monday and doing well.  He's now up to 3 lbs, 9 oz and gaining steady.  Looking forward to seeing lots more December babies now that it's actually December! 

Yay! So glad to hear this! I've been think of you and Corin and wondering how things were going.

PS - Your siggy pic is so darn cute!

• Options

imageJen98jib:

So happy to hear that he is home and gaining weight- I've been thinking about you and Corin.  

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How are you feeling?

Feeling O-K...starting to notice the swelling in the feet (can't even put on my clogs) and have started wearing tennis shoes to work...oh well! Having contractions pretty regularly (for stretches of a few hours a few times per day), but nothing too intense. Freaking out about wrapping things up at work and I feel like I'm not going to have any down time between stopping work and going into labor.  

Appts?

Had an appt yesterday (only 2 more weekly ones scheduled!) and the MD said that I was a little more than 1 cm and 90% effaced and that my cervix was nice and thin. Headed in the right direction! 

Milestones?

Full term tomorrow. 

Will call my in-laws who live an hour away and my mom who lives in another state just to keep her up to date.

No one allowed in the L and D room but DH and even he has strict orders on where he can stand during delivery. Like smallfry, I don't want any family in until after we've nursed, LO has had a bath and we're settled. 

BFP #1: 8/2010 - m/c 9/2010 at 7.5 weeks -Dx w/ PCOS - Metformin and acupuncture to jumpstart cycles BFP #2: 4/2011 - DS born 12/30/2011 BFP #3: 2/1/2013 - due 10/4ish image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still feeling pretty good, but can feel myself slowing down especially at work.  I finally feel like we have everything ready as much as we can.  When we go to the hospital I will prob only call my mom because she lives a few hours away.  The rest of our family lives really close.  DH will be the only one who will be at the hospital.  The rest of the family will get a call once he is here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekarma79:

imageJen98jib:

Yay! So glad to hear this! I've been think of you and Corin and wondering how things were going.

PS - Your siggy pic is so darn cute!

Super cute! Hello precious baby!

• Options
    How are you feeling?I'm still feeling pretty good.  My main complaints are the aches in my pelvic area and feeling like everything I eat just stays at the top of my chest.  Emotionally and logistically, I'm not completely ready for the baby to arrive.  I still have a few things I need to do before she gets here! Appts?I've started weekly appointments and will have my first internal exam next week.  This week's appointment was pretty routine. Milestones?I reached full term last weekend.  No signs of labor yet, but I'm OK with that for now. Who will you call when you go to the hospital? I'll call my parents since they live out of state and it could take 8 hours for them to arrive.  I'm sure DH will call his parents, but they're out of state too and won't be coming up for the birth.   Who will you let in the room during labor?Most likely, it will be just DH. 
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Options

imageJen98jib:

Congrats on your baby's homecoming!! 

Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"