May 2012 Moms

I hate people who...

come to work when they're sick!

My boss came in my office yesterday morning and whined about how sick he was with a horrible respiratory infection and how he he had been popping pills and gulping Robitussin and still wasn't better. I was like um, I prefer you not come in my office if you're THAT sick, but at the very least, could you please sit farther away from me? He did, for 2 minutes, until he wanted to see the spreadsheet I was working on and was leaning over my shoulder. At that point I got really upset, I said I'm happy to send you a draft and we can talk about it on the phone, but get the heck away.

Then he did the same thing this morning! Thankfully one of my coworkers, who's a lot bossier than me, came over and yelled at him to get out of our office suite cause no one wants his germs, especially me since I can't take cold medicine. He acted like the concept of pregnant women not being able to take medicine was some sort of newfangled nonsense.

Why do people do this? If you're going to be rude enough to come to work coughing and sneezing all over everything, at least have the courtesy to stay in your own office and not spread it all over the building...

sheesh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hate people who...

• I get really annoyed by people like that too. I am never impressed when people say they haven't had to take a sick day in several years. To me that just says you come to work when you should be at home. I take several sick days a year and I don't feel bad about it. I don't want to spread the germs and I like being home when I feel bad.
  • imagebbetson:
    I get really annoyed by people like that too. I am never impressed when people say they haven't had to take a sick day in several years. To me that just says you come to work when you should be at home. I take several sick days a year and I don't feel bad about it. I don't want to spread the germs and I like being home when I feel bad.

All of this.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to get SO pissed about this too. People think they are being tough for showing up to work sick, but it's just not fair to everyone else.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't work in an office anymore, but this used to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Even before I got pregnant, I would make people stand outside my office door to talk to me. My office was so tiny that they were still only like 3 feet away from me, but it made me feel a whole lot better! 
  • While I dont like it.... I've worked at places before where they will only give you so many sick days then fire you. So some people can't afford to not come in to work. Its either be miserable or lose your job. And in this economy I can't be mad at anyone for not wanting to lose their job. I've personally had to go to work sick before. And yes, I try to keep to myself as much as possible and wash my hands all the time etc so I don't spread it. But sometimes people jsut dont have the option of staying home. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • UGGGGGGG I can't stand this either!! There is a woman in my office that calls out drunk/hungover alllllll the time and then comes to work "feverish" and sick the other day. I'm like, "If you have a fever, why are you here??????" Then, to make it even worse, she's running around the entire office decorating for Christmas and touching nearly EVERYTHING!! Talk about wanting to choke the $hit out of someone!!
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • The lady behind us in church Sunday sounded like she had the mini-plague.  I felt terrible about it, but I leaned over to my husband right before the "shaking hands" portion of church to ask him to greet the people to our right with me instead of the people behind us.  Embarrassed
    Addison Frances is due May 6, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia. She is our first little one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"