Success after IF

Big night! (UPDATED)

We're having our first phone conversation with the birth parents tonight... in an hour and a half!!  I'm scared. I've been coached a little on things to talk about and things not to talk about.  I just really want her to like me.  

I'll update later, but if you have some calming vibes to send my way that'd be GREAT! 

(And, is a glass of wine ill-advised? I'm thinking maybe I'll loosen up a little...) 

ETA:  No freaking answer!  What a let down.  We called twice and left a message saying she could call us back anytime.   There is NOTHING easy about this process!  (For all those that say, "just adopt")

After THREE years, our IVF miracle is here!!!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Big night! (UPDATED)

• drink up, girl. Just don't burp too loud.

GL !

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Good luck!  Don't be nervous, have just a 1/2 a glass of wine to take the edge off :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck!!! Exciting! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just remember they are going to be nervous too. As for wine, 1/2 glass would be good.

• Good luck! Keep us posted on how it went! 

I'll have a glass of wine with you! :)  

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Calming vibes sent your way! Hope it goes wonderfully!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Good luck!  I hope it goes magnificently!!
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Just wanted to say you will never have another experience as beautiful as adopting your child....I'm serious.  There is something so special about the gift that someone is giving you.  I'm OVER THE MOON happy for you.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me!  GL sweetie!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Good luck! So happy for you guys!
    Unexplained. IVF#2 worked! Beta at 10dp6dt = 154, Beta at 13dp6dt = 603 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd def have a glass of wine to help calm your nerves.  This is so exciting.  You'll do great!  Very happy for you.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sure you did great!!! ETA: bummer! How disappointing!
  • Aw, I'm so disappointed for you.  I'm sorry that you couldn't make contact with them tonight.  But when you do, I'm sure you'll do GREAT.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Ah, man!  I was waiting for an update.  What a letdown!  (For you, too, I'm sure!! LOL)

Hope you had that glass of wine now!

I'm following your story closely - DH and I are seriously considering adoption for #2 and I'd love to see a success story like yours! Hope this is just a very minor inconvenience!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"