Cloth Diapering

stripped but still repelling

I know that there have been posts about this before (and I checked the FAQ), but I can't find what I need, so I'm asking...

We were dealing with a nasty rash, so I started using a cream at night, which cleared it up. I did use liners, but the cream still got to the diapers (pockets, Kawaii) anyway, and now they're repelling and it's awful. Today, I washed them as usual, then I did a Dawn scrub with a toothbrush and rinsed them really well, then I sent them through a couple of hot rinses in the washer until no bubbles remained. But DS still found himself in a puddle after a couple hours.

What else can I do? If scrubbing didn't do it, will anything else help? Do I just need to suck it up and get new ones? I didn't do anything special to the inserts. Do I need to?

I know that they're repelling because the inserts are hardly wet. I do use microfiber as the top layer (I thought that was the quickest to absorb, but I'm finding conflicting information on that). I've had one fit related leak in Fuzzibuns, but never with these, so I'm confident that it's not a fit problem.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: stripped but still repelling

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"