VBAC

Amniotic fluid levels

I had a growth scan due to uterine size discrepancy on Monday. I am 33 weeks and baby is measuring 35 weeks, at our 20 week ultrasound he was measuring 22 weeks (so consistently 2 weeks ahead) however I know this means nothing in terms of how big he will actually be when born.

What does concern me though, since I am trying for my VBAC is that they measured the amniotic fluid which I guess came back on the "high" side of normal....Does anyone know how accurate measuring levels of fluids are? I am just concerned that this will give my OB an excuse to try to scare me into a RCS. The OB office called and said "we would discuss what this means at my next appt." I just want to be well informed about it and not let her put ideas in my head if they don't need to be there! Anything you ladies know would help! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amniotic fluid levels

• I am at 40 weeks right now with my third. I also was told I was on the high side with the amniotic fluid (22cm) and consistantly measured 2 wks ahead. I am still waiting to go into labor so I can attempt a vbac, at the appointment before last my doc tried to tell me that the head felt very big and my pelvis felt narrow so c-section might be my only option, so we had an ultrasound done at my appointment this monday, and the result was that my baby was "average" all around. So now I have the all clear for a trial of labor unless I go 2 weeks over my due date :/ I trust my body will do what it needs to when it and the baby are ready to deliver, besides, one of the nurses I had said the extra fluid might just help the baby flow right out, lol! GL and I'll pray for a successful delivery for you!
  • I could have written this exactly! At my last ultrasound, my levels had gone down a bit (thankfully). I read that drinking more water and cutting out caffeine might help lower levels, and I thought it was worth a shot. I have been drinking like a mad woman! I have another ultrasound next week to measure levels. So far my fluid levels haven't come up as a concern to schedule a RCS. Fingers crossed for both of us!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on the high side of normal the last three weeks of pregnancy. I was never told I needed a c-section due to the levels, but DS did flip around quite a bit the last three weeks. My c-section was due to not progressing(and DS was head down, but tilted enough to not cause change).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"