Secondary IF
Options

Antral Follicle count

Does anyone know what a normal antral follicle count is for a 35 year old? At my US they said I had 14 on the left and 11 on the right.  Is that average?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Antral Follicle count

• Options

I'm not sure, but it sounds good.  Mine at 40/41 (so I've got 5-6 good years on you) were 13-17 total (over 3-4 different month measurements spread over 10 months), and they were very happy with that.

I'm sure there's a chart out there somewhere on the interwebz, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

• Options
    Ok thanks, definitley makes me feel more confident in this cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no memory of what your plans are, but I'm pretty sure that your numbers are enough higher than mine that they are in the best category for not having an IVF cancelled.  I finally remembered that somewhere I found a chart on that once. Mine were in the second best category, and I as I recall, maybe over 30 was two levels up, but not better, because it meant too many with maybe poor quality.  I can't remember, but I think you can google something that will ease your mind. I wish your RE had told you something!
  • Options
    From what I remember my RE saying is that they like to see above 10 total (both sides)...so the fact that you have at least that on one sounds great!  WIth my IVF cycle this past month I think I only had 7 on one side and 4 on the other (tops)...they retrieved 9 eggs total...I'm 37...Good luck!
  • Options
    This is my first IUI cylce with injections.  I go back tomorrow for more bloodwork and another US to see how I have been responding to the meds.  I know I should have asked the Dr. but it all happened so quickly.  Thanks for the info ladies!
  • Options
    The only time I have had mine done my count was 12.  I was 36, almost 37 at the time.  No one at the RE's office ever told me if this was good or bad.  I think I found something online that said it was "good".  Not great, but good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"