Cloth Diapering

Flip users - need help!

I really want to like my Flips but I'm having issues! I've tried the disposable and cloth inserts and they both seem to bunch up in the middle. Therefore the inside of the shell always gets wet and soiled! I thought I'd be able to use the shell for a few diaper changes, but I end up having to change the whole thing every time. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal for these diapers?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Flip users - need help!

• I haven't tried the disposable inserts, but that definitely hasn't been my experience for the cloth ones. Are you using the stay dry or the organic ones? Maybe you need to adjust the fit of the cover-- try snapping the rise up or down a notch from where you are. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageIslamoradaBride09:
    I haven't tried the disposable inserts, but that definitely hasn't been my experience for the cloth ones. Are you using the stay dry or the organic ones? Maybe you need to adjust the fit of the cover-- try snapping the rise up or down a notch from where you are. 

I was using the stay dry.  The disposables are definitely worse but both seem to bunch. I don't plan on using the disposables much anyway - these will be more for babysitters, but I was trying them out to see how they worked.  So I'm really hoping I can make the cloth ones work.  I only used the cloth insert once so I will try again with adjusting the rise and hopefully that will help!  Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've had the same problems, I have yet to figure out a way to get them to work. Sadly they've turned into my diaper bad dipes :(
  • We've had the same issue with the disposable inserts but not with the cloth inserts.  Even though the inserts stay in place poo would almost always get on the covers until LO's poop became fairly firm ( only about 3 months ago).  The only reason I can think that the cloth inserts might be bunch is that they are too loose and move around too much when baby moves....maybe try lowering the rise.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We get some bunching, but nothing that prevents me from re-using the covers.  I usually rotate between two during the day giving the one time to air out a bit since it's usually a little damp.  By the next change however it's good to go!  If it's a poop diaper I typically will just use a new cover.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"