Military Families

deployment during pregnancy

is anyone else going through this? how are you coping? my soldier leaves in two months and im 7 weeks now.. im really scared and idk how to keep from stressing..

Re: deployment during pregnancy

• Yes, I am...actually found out I am PG yesterday and DH left yesterday. Keep busy and trust that he will be safe. The last thing you need is to worry...focus on baby. We've been thru many deployments before and I've always stayed busy, it makes the time go by faster.

GL ! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep. There's really no way to deal with it but day by day. For the first couple days after he left, I was a wreck. Since then, I've tried to resume my normal activities and continue to live without dwelling on his absence. I'm doing OK. I still miss him horribly and there are times when it's just hard. For example, I started  a series of baby courses the other day, and I was the only one there alone :( Honestly, it sucks sometimes. Try to stay busy and focus on the positive things. Do you know how his communication is going to be? I email MH everynight and keep him updated on how me and the baby are doing. I send a physical letter weekly and a care package once a month depending on what he needs. And, he is able to call me about once a week. I'm doing much better now and I'm using certain events/dates to mark his time. For instance, at this point I'm looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my family, then Christmas, shortly after that the LO will be here and then I'm thinking she'll keep me so busy that he'll be back before I know it ( which is really a couple months later). I know it's hard with it hanging over your head, but try to enjoy the time you have left and know that you'll be OK.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH left when I was 5 weeks PG. I've dealt with everything alone since then. Personally the pregnancy has helped the deployment go by faster and vice versa. Luckily I've had a very uneventful pregnancy. Just keep busy. If you don't have one, possibly get a job. Surround yourself wit friends and if possible family. I hope the best for you and a quick deployment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Marine leaves when I am almost 18 weeks.  I think just keeping focused on the pregnancy helps and I am making a little book for him to have of my ultasound pics and pics of me and DD during the pregnancy.  Something for him to have when he comes home to his new LO.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I went through it with my first LO and now I found out 2 weeks after my DH left that I am PG again while he is gone. With my 1st LO it really did make the time go by faster. This time I am hoping for the same. I feel so bad cause DH has never been to a single one of my ultrasounds or ever seen me pregnant besides in photos. :( DH wasn't able to be there for when I had my LO and he wont be able to be there for this one either.

I understand your STRESS 100%!!! Its hard. It really is but you have us here on the board and I hope some really good friends around you to help!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DH is supposed to be leaving in 2 or 3 months and I'm 5 weeks now.  I'm not so much worried about being pregnant while he's gone, it's the whole pushing the baby out and worrying about who is going to watch DD while I'm doing it.  We'll be in Fort Bragg by then (we're in the middle of PCSing now) and all of our friends and family are 8 hours away. 
  • My DH deploys next month.  Of  course it will be more stressful this time around than it was over his other deployments since I'm 9 weeks now and I'm a high risk pregnancy due to thyroid issues.  I've been a little worried about it, but I think I'll do the same thing I always do when he deploys:  I'll work on redoing a room of our house.  This time though it will be the baby's room and I know the entire time I work on it, when he comes home the three of us will be a family.  I'm looking forward to that.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • MrsHollywood, I'm in Fort Bragg currently, my DH will be deploying in June. I'm due July or August. If you ever need someone in the area to talk to or need help with anything please let me know. I moved here not too long ago and I know how hard it is to be far away from family. Seriously let me know if you need anything at all. It is always nice to have a friend in a new area. Good luck to all you ladies, DH and I had a long conversation about him being gone when the baby gets here and he told me that he is going so someone else can have a chance to have a family just like we are. It really cheered me up.
    BabyName Ticker Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Pritchard!!! BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJordyn113:
    MrsHollywood, I'm in Fort Bragg currently, my DH will be deploying in June. I'm due July or August. If you ever need someone in the area to talk to or need help with anything please let me know. I moved here not too long ago and I know how hard it is to be far away from family. Seriously let me know if you need anything at all. It is always nice to have a friend in a new area. Good luck to all you ladies, DH and I had a long conversation about him being gone when the baby gets here and he told me that he is going so someone else can have a chance to have a family just like we are. It really cheered me up.

Aw, thank you so much!!  This is the first duty station I'll be going to where we don't already have a bunch of people we know there so I'm super nervous Big Smile

• I know it is scary. I have made some very good friends here, I was nervous too. Everything will be just fine! I am excited for a new potential friend! Good luck with the move. I hope to get to know you.
    BabyName Ticker Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Pritchard!!! BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"