November 2011 Moms
Options

40 week appt today

I had my 40 week appointment today. I am still only 1cm and 50% effaced with a posterior cervix. The Doctor said I need to come back on Tuesday to have a NST and u/s. He said he would induce me Monday if I wanted or I could wait til the middle/end of next week.

I cried when the Doctor left the room, not because I am past due but because I am really scared of a possible induction or a possible C/S.

I am going to wait as long as possible to give this baby girl a chance to come out on her own.

Re: 40 week appt today

• Options
    We are on the same page there. Went to my 40 wk appt today. 50% effaced and 1-2 cm dialated. My cervix is so far that she can't tell for certain how much I'm dialated. I have to schedule my NST and U/S for Wed then f/u on Thurs to schedule an induction. I, also cried when the dr. walked out. Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry...Gosh this really stinks doesn't it!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

me too, I'm 40 wks and like 4 days. I really didnt want to have to be induced but it feels like LO is in there for the long haul! Its tough b/c theyd probably let me go 42 weeks.

I just have the feeling like I'll have to be induced anyways, so I'm asking my self why wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    41 weeks here, and not effaced at all, and not dilated at all!  My NST went well, so doctor says we'll wait until 42 weeks, then induce.  I have a feeling baby isn't fitting through my pelvis, and that I'm headed for a c-section.
  • Options
    although tearful earlier, DH and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. the waiter and manager had just had babies this year too. The manager's wife was 10 days overdue when she had her's so he was feeling for me. The manager then comped desserts for us. Guess that makes the day a little better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"