December 2011 Moms

For the Crafty Mommas!

I have a question for all the crafty momma's! Pinterest has made me really want to start trying to save money by doing some diy projects instead of buying from boutiques, and I want to know about the Cricut/Silhouette/the thousand other different cutters out there. Which do you use and what do you use it for, and why that one? Thanks!

Re: For the Crafty Mommas!

• I have the cricut. Not even sure which model it is but I got it to do my scrapbooks.  However, I was also able to use it to make artwork for LO's nursery.  I went to esty for ideas and saved about $75 by doing them myself instead of ordering something.

I have never used (or even researched) any other machine so I dont know if one is better than the other.  I am probably not much help.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • LOOOOOOOOOVE my Cricut!! If you can, go for the Expression, you can do the biggest cuts with it. I used to have one, but it crapped out on me so I got the Create on clearance at Wal-Mart.

I've used my Cricut on so many projects. If you check out my crafty blog (link in siggy) you can see a lot of what I've made. 

Beware though, buying Cricut cartridges is addicting! I've probably got about 70, and they come out with new ones each month.

Also, check out YouTube for tutorials if you're curious on how to use it.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • I have the cricut and lots of cartridges for it!  I love it.  I use it for daycare projects, scrapbooks, cards, etc, etc!!!  Please pm me if you have any questions!
  • I have the cricut that cuts 6x12", but I use a program called sure cuts a lot, which can cut any design. However, the newest editions won't work with cricuts (lawsuits). So, in the future I'd probably buy a different cutter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I too have a cricut (the smaller one) works great for all kinds of crafting,  This year for christmas MH bought me the larger expression machine on black friday from menards! So can't wait to get it out and play.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"