Babies on the Brain

Angelcare Monitor users please come in...

Hi ladies,

I just bought the Angelcare monitor and had a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1- Do you like it/feel like it works well?

2- Are you worried about it being a fire hazard as it is a cord running under a mattress?

3- What is this plywood thing? I wanted to use it tonight but now it says I need to go buy plywood for under the mattress.

TIA!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Angelcare Monitor users please come in...

• I still use mine.  I've loved it, it really provided me with peace of mind.  The plywood is just to make the surface it sits on stable so you get the most reliable coverage and the monitor doesn't constantly go off on you. 

I never had any fear about the wires.  Which one did you get?  There is a model that the alarm will go off if the room gets too hot or cold.  Its the newer one thats also a video monitor.  I have the deluxe one.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • imageScout2005:

1 - Love it, it works great

2 - Well, I wasn't, but now you have me paranoid.

3 - The plywood gives the monitor a firm surface and limits false alarms. It really does make a difference. We just had Lowe's cut us a piece the dimensions of her crib. No biggie. 

eta: There's a video monitor option now?! I am super bitter.

Dude I just bought one for my sister's baby shower.  I was so bitter paying for it, I would have loved one.  They come out with all the cool crap now that I don't have a small baby.  

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11218546
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! Im sorry to make you paranoid. I posted this on another board and a woman responded (whose husband was a firefighter) and she said he said it wasnt a fire hazard.

I bought the deluxe one but it doesnt have a video monitor. I have a video monitor as well so I will probably use both. I wish it was all in one monitor.

Thank you so much for responding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"