Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleeping aid...giraffe?

What is the name of that giraffe or musical sleeping "toy" I see people post about?  I had never heard of it with my son but heard about it recently and wanted to check it out for my daughter...but can't remember what it is called! 

Re: Sleeping aid...giraffe?

• Also, I was thinking there was something non-plush people have talked about...she would sleep all night with her blanket but I refuse to let her have that so am looking for something else that I might let her have although not sure I would even let a non-plush thing in her crib- just looking for ideas I guess.  She likes her mobile but hans't figured out how to turn it back on-
  • That might be it...for some reason as I was thinking I heard about something that wasn't plus but maybe I am making that up!   
  • Loading the player...
  • Sophie the Giraffe?  It's a teething toy that's made of a soft rubber.  I wouldn't recommend sleeping with it though because the shape of the legs has been reviewed as a "choking hazzard" so it's really a good toy for some babies when they are supervised.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJaneBeam:
    Sophie the Giraffe?  It's a teething toy that's made of a soft rubber.  I wouldn't recommend sleeping with it though because the shape of the legs has been reviewed as a "choking hazzard" so it's really a good toy for some babies when they are supervised.

We have sophie which she loves duirng the day...it may have been the Cloud giraffe I heard about...just isn't sounding right ! I should have bookmarked the page back when I saw it!

• Found what I was thinking of...that ocean wonders seahorse...
  • Your talking about the seahorse probably, DD loves it
  • Do you keep it in the crib all night?
  • A word of caution - we have the "sleep sheep", which worked great at helping DD get to sleep both at night and for naps. HOWEVER, it only last 23 minutes or 45 minutes and DD has become very attuned to it in her sleep. During nap time, when the sleep sheep turns off, the nap is over, whether it's 23 mn or 45mn. I have a total love/hate relationship with that thing and am currently weaning her off the sleep sheep. I have had other friends have the same problem. 

In summary, great to help get to sleep at night but i wouldn't lean on it too much for naps. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • imageHawkeyeBride04:
    Do you keep it in the crib all night?

Yes i do its not really soft and i just keep it all the bottom of the crib and it has never moved... yet..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"