June 2011 Moms

NBR: Measuring Stoves/Ovens

So, we are in desperate need of a new stove... it's been falling apart for about a year, though very slowly, however last night was the last straw when a knob broke when lighting it.  We honestly don't plan on being in our house for more than a few years and just want to get something decent and cheap, so we're scouring CL.  I found one about a mile from my house that is a little more than I'd want to spend, but maybe they'll accept a little less - worth a shot!  Anyway, before calling, checking it out, etc. I need to measure to make sure it'll fit.  I am appliance/home repair deficient so does anyone know if all I have to do is measure the opening to make sure it'll fit, or is there some special way to measure (i.e. bottom corner to opposite top corner or something?

TIA! 

Re: NBR: Measuring Stoves/Ovens

• Nope.  just measure width, depth, and height.  good luck finding a bargin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• regular measuring, but take note of where your hookups are-- sometimes they are in weird locations, esp in older homes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebunnymama625:
    regular measuring, but take note of where your hookups are-- sometimes they are in weird locations, esp in older homes.

Ah,. good to know.  Our house is on the older side, and a lot of stuff is a bit wacky to begin with because we're pretty certain one of the previous owners did a lot of DIY with little experience.  I'll definitely have to check that out when we measure tonight. 

• Like pp said, just regular measuring.  But, if that doesn't work out, when we bought our house, we went to P.C. Richard's scratch and dent.  They're new appliances that were (obv) scratched or dented during shipping.  We got such great deals, and we don't even know where the scratches or dents are!  We've looked & can't find them, lol!  Hopefully you have a place like that by you that you can check out.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"