March 2012 Moms

Update: Anyone else with period-like pain?

I have been having a dull ache around my pantyline that feel like menstrual cramps. Is this normal stretching and RLP pain? Being a FTM, I just do not know the difference between RLP and BH or contractions.

I called my doc and she said it is low fluid intake. Just FYI

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update: Anyone else with period-like pain?

• I had something similar like 2 months ago. When I went to the doc she said it was normal rlp.
  • I have had some terrible RLP in the middle of the night, and its almost like a charlie horse in my abdomen.  I hvae to hold my breath for like 30 seconds at a time for a few minutes because expanding my lungs makes it worse. 

I also have period pain and cramps which are getting worse, but are nothing like my RLP, so I don't know if they're related or not. I would guess no.  I'm no help on the BH since everytime I think I have them, my OB says "nope, that's RLP."  

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my doc about this last week.  She told me it was normal - still just everything stretching and growing in there!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been feeling period like cramping, too.  I'm assuming it's RLP.  This kid is really starting to grow.
  • I've had this a couple of times - sometimes it is a stabbing pain once in awhile, other times it is a constant pain for about 5 minutes.  Either way, I just relax, drink more fluids and as long as they don't continue for more than an hour or are accompanied with watery or bloody discharge, I keep going on with my day. 

My dr gave me a sheet with preterm labor "symptoms" to look out for and a number to call if I really need to ask a question.  I refer to the sheet to remind myself of what to all look for, but generally I think RLP is the cause of my uncomfortableness.  Baby is still kicking away!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have had this as well lately but I noticed that my water intake has been down. That's what I chalk it up to. Drink more water see if it helps. As someone else said may be stretching also. :)
  • I had this the other day and it was actually constipation.  Had a little prune juice and felt better the next morning.  Havent had them since.  Just figured I would share since it was different then the other ladies experiences.  
  • I had it earlier today- I think I did too much at work, also I think it's just normal for this time in pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"