September 2011 Moms
Options

Those who got the epidural..

Having any back problems now as a result?? I think I am. My back has started feeling funny every now and then and I'm pretty sure its in the place where I got the epi. I'm actually a little scared that this might be the way its going to be forever..I have heard stories like this..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who got the epidural..

• Options
    I'm sorry you are having issues! I have not had any problems associated with mine. Hope it goes away for you!
  • Options

The main problem I've had is when I go to pop my back by putting a fist on each side of my spine and leaning backwards.  I have accidentally put a fist on each side of the epidural site and when I leaned backwards, I saw stars and almost passed out.  Lesson learned: don't do that.  

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had issues. I can still feel where they did it when I'm bent over for a while (like changing a diaper), but otherwise, I'm good. Are you BFing? The increased breast weight can cause back issues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues with it, except if I mash on the area too hard, I feel pain where the needle went in.  But not something I do regularly, so it's not a big thing.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had an epi with my first two and never had any problems.  This time around I didn't get an epi and my lower back has been incredibly sore and achy.  I attribute it to bending into the bassinet and PnP so often.  My last two were in a crib so I didn't have to bend quite as much.  If you're concerned that it could be from the epi, I would call your dr.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haven't noticed any difference in my back.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had epis with both girls. The first time around I felt random light pains at the epidural site for a few months afterwards. This time, nothing at either site. Apparently I have a scar from the first one, though, because the anesthesiologist was pretty specific about not placing the second one in the same spot as the first.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageShannonSky:
    I haven't had issues. I can still feel where they did it when I'm bent over for a while (like changing a diaper), but otherwise, I'm good. Are you BFing? The increased breast weight can cause back issues.

Yeah I am, maybe that is it. I think maybe it could be that I am working more too. It just freaked me out that it was around the area of the epi. I ask my H all the time if he sees anything there and he says no so it just be me paranoid about normal back issues..thanks ladies

• Options
    I have had twinges and my upper back hurts but that's from lifting and holding a baby moose all day. I had soreness at the epi site right after birth but it went away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I initially had issues with my back but prepregnancy I had issues so I attribute it to that.  
    image, image
    My little gummy bear
    10/09-started our journey 3/14/10- Dx anovulatory 12/29 IUI #3 BFP beta 1-25, 2-60, 3-2064. u/s 1 beautiful baby :) 9/22 Baby girl born 6 lb 14 oz perfect !!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues.  I broke my back 6 years ago so I was worried about that, too.  But my mom had an epi with my brother and had to quit BF because of the immense back pain - she couldn't even sit up right! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"