Northern California Babies

Kinda sad, guys.

I am not sure if I even posted about this here. A couple months ago Grey told me that one of the girls at school (not in his class) "Likes to kiss boys on the penis."

I told his teacher about it, who thanked me and told me that there had been some other instances of inappropriate talk and she was glad I had come to her. They were trying to figure out who the girl was. Well, I figured it out. And let her know. I was really hoping it would be just a wildly inappropriate misunderstanding.

I just found out that she was removed from her family and is now in foster care. So, so, so f*cking sad. 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The Blog | BirthbyKellyM

Re: Kinda sad, guys.

• OMG! I am heartbroken for her. And what piece of $hit even exposed her to that? Is she the same age as G?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, that is so sad!  My heart is breaking for that little girl.  Do "we" know how old the little girl is?  Not that it makes a difference -
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecaseyleigh77:
    OMG! I am heartbroken for her. And what piece of $hit even exposed her to that? Is she the same age as G?

Yup, or maybe 6. She is very tall.  

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • imageFreshStart31:
    Oh, that is so sad!  My heart is breaking for that little girl.  Do "we" know how old the little girl is?  Not that it makes a difference -

No, not at all. I don't even know her name.  

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Just terrible, so so sad.  I think of all the sweet little girls in E's class and just can't imagine.  Fortunately what you heard and reported on may have saved her from something even worse :-(
  • That is SO sad and hard! That poor girl!  But it's so good you said something. 
  • poor little girl..so sad :(
  • imagegreen*eyes:
    Just terrible, so so sad.  I think of all the sweet little girls in E's class and just can't imagine.  Fortunately what you heard and reported on may have saved her from something even worse :-(

this, exactly. such a heartbreaking situation, but it's bound to improve now.  

• Oh Kelly, how sad that it wasn't just a misunderstanding. :(  My boy is a reporter of all things and I can totally imagine that he'd bring that home, not knowing what it really meant.  For those of us a few years behind you in the trenches, how did you handling talking about it with G?

Yesterday, after I got home from work C asked me what color my underwear were.  We are pretty open and he often follows me to my room to chat as I get changed after work.  But the way he asked it had me wondering about it so I asked him about it.  I find that I worry so much about how to phrase what is okay to ask other people and what is okay for others to ask of him.  He's still in preschool and the bathrooms are open so teachers can help the non-PT'd kids, and those who are training/newly trained, so I can't say, "only mommy, daddy, grandma" to private parts since teachers and other kids are there.

Anyway, I hope the classmate is going to be okay.  Did she get to stay at school?

• Reading this brought tears to my eyes and made me sick. I just don't understand how anyone could do something like that to a child. I'm glad you were able to figure it out and report it.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So so sad.  I'm sorry you and G had to be even remotely involved, but you did the right thing.

Along the same lines as our bully at school.  No sexual abuse that I know of, but definately abuse in the household.  Just makes me sad.

• imageSmuches4u:

So so sad.  I'm sorry you and G had to be even remotely involved, but you did the right thing.

Along the same lines as our bully at school.  No sexual abuse that I know of, but definately abuse in the household.  Just makes me sad.

I am so weary of bullies and often wonder about what their parents   think of their behavior. My moms friends middle schooler was bullied. Turns out the bullier has a terrible home life. her parents didn't even care about what she was doing :(

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • That poor little girl, but I agree with others that you did the right thing and that she is better being out of the house before something a lot worse happened (praying that she wasn't hurt worse). It still makes me sick, that poor child.
  • imagetri_bride05:

Reading this brought tears to my eyes and made me sick. I just don't understand how anyone could do something like that to a child. I'm glad you were able to figure it out and report it.

ditto :-( 

• That makes me really sad to hear, but I am also really thankful that you stepped up and other did to and didn't just dismiss what the little girl was saying. Although being removed from home is hard and heart breaking, I hope she is in a safe place and not being hurt anymore if she was and that was why they removed her. Good for you for acting.
  • As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, thank you for speaking up for this little girl. Chances are she either didn't understand that it was wrong, or she was scared to tell anyone out of fear of what may happen (but desperately wanting to, and finding other ways to "signal" that something wasn't right). I hope the girl is able to find a stable, loving, safe home, and her parents get the serious help they need.

It breaks my heart to see these things happen, and to know that so many children suffer in silence with nobody to be their advocate.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• good on your for reporting it to the teacher.  It takes courage that most people don't muster just to do that.
  • imagedani2480:

As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, thank you for speaking up for this little girl. Chances are she either didn't understand that it was wrong, or she was scared to tell anyone out of fear of what may happen (but desperately wanting to, and finding other ways to "signal" that something wasn't right). I hope the girl is able to find a stable, loving, safe home, and her parents get the serious help they need.

It breaks my heart to see these things happen, and to know that so many children suffer in silence with nobody to be their advocate.

<3 

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • omg Kelly I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. I also wanted to say how proud I am of you that you were an advocate for the little girl!!!
  • imagefutrkingsley:

Oh Kelly, how sad that it wasn't just a misunderstanding. :(  My boy is a reporter of all things and I can totally imagine that he'd bring that home, not knowing what it really meant.  For those of us a few years behind you in the trenches, how did you handling talking about it with G?

Yesterday, after I got home from work C asked me what color my underwear were.  We are pretty open and he often follows me to my room to chat as I get changed after work.  But the way he asked it had me wondering about it so I asked him about it.  I find that I worry so much about how to phrase what is okay to ask other people and what is okay for others to ask of him.  He's still in preschool and the bathrooms are open so teachers can help the non-PT'd kids, and those who are training/newly trained, so I can't say, "only mommy, daddy, grandma" to private parts since teachers and other kids are there.

Anyway, I hope the classmate is going to be okay.  Did she get to stay at school?

I was caught by surprise when he said it. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but also let him know that it wasn't appropriate. Like, "You know you shouldn't show your penis at school, or let ANYone touch your penis at school right?". Mostly  just reinforcing boundaries. I think the fact that he told me that she said that kind of already showed that he knew it was inappropriate. The way I found out who it was was that he was with his friend and they said, "There goes that weird girl." and after a gentle questioning he told me it was the girl who had said that. 

She did stay  at school. I can't help but watch her. Like on halloween, she went to the far side of a building with two boys, pretty much the only part of the playground adults can see from where they are standing. Can't help but wonder what was going on over there. 

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • imagefutrkingsley:

Oh Kelly, how sad that it wasn't just a misunderstanding. :(  My boy is a reporter of all things and I can totally imagine that he'd bring that home, not knowing what it really meant.  For those of us a few years behind you in the trenches, how did you handling talking about it with G?

I was caught by surprise when he said it. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but also let him know that it wasn't appropriate. Like, "You know you shouldn't show your penis at school, or let ANYone touch your penis at school right?". Mostly  just reinforcing boundaries. I think the fact that he told me that she said that kind of already showed that he knew it was inappropriate. The way I found out who it was was that he was with his friend and they said, "There goes that weird girl." and after a gentle questioning he told me it was the girl who had said that. 

She did stay  at school. I can't help but watch her. Like on halloween, she went to the far side of a building with two boys, pretty much the only part of the playground adults can see from where they are standing. Can't help but wonder what was going on over there. 

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • That just sucks.  It is beyond sad.  I don't even have the words.  Sad

I'm glad that she had people stand up for her and enable her to get out of that situation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a sad and terrible situation. Thank you Kelly, for speaking up.
  • OMG that is awful. Thank God she was actually removed! My SIL is a teacher and has reported so many cases to CPS that go nowhere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reporting it.

• :(  That is awful.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so glad that everyone involved was so proactive and that she doesn't have to suffer one more minute in that household.  She'll never know it, and you may carry a heavy load for a long, long time, but you saved her K, saved her from every.single.night she would have remained in that home.
  • imagejsugrin:
    That's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so glad that everyone involved was so proactive and that she doesn't have to suffer one more minute in that household.  She'll never know it, and you may carry a heavy load for a long, long time, but you saved her K, saved her from every.single.night she would have remained in that home.

This, exactly.  You won't get thanked for it, by her, but you are a hero.  So I'll thank you for showing her love, and compassion, and caring.  And showing her that people are concerned for her and that she can find a safe voice.  She might never understand, but you did the right/best/only thing.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejsugrin:
    That's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so glad that everyone involved was so proactive and that she doesn't have to suffer one more minute in that household.  She'll never know it, and you may carry a heavy load for a long, long time, but you saved her K, saved her from every.single.night she would have remained in that home.

I echo this.  Many many (((HUGS))) Kelly.  You 100% did the right thing. Including being such a wonderful parent to Grey leading to his ability/ desire to communicate w/ you about something that didn't seem right.  <3 to you both!

• That poor little girl! Thank goodness you said something.
  • What a sad situation! At least you took action, which unfortunately doesn't happen enough for children in these situations.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Oh man.  How terribly awful. 
  • That is so sad.  I'm glad G told you and you spoke up.  I know my mom told me stories about kids she knew as a teacher that had abuse going on.
  • So sad but the good news is (at least for now) you helped get her out of a terrible situation. Now I just wish we could all know she will never go back...but our system SUCKS
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My heart is breaking... I'm so glad you said something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"