Pregnant after a Loss

UTI or baby on bladder?

So, my need to pee has increased vastly in the past couple of days and today while I am sitting here at my desk I have this odd pressure/semi-crampy feeling right over my bladder.  Would you be worried enough about a UTI to call the OB?  It has only been a week since I was there, and they of course took a urine sample then.  I would really like to avoid leaving the office since I am swamped, but of course I have to do what I have to do.  I go back in 8 days, but should I wait that long?

Has anyone had this and not had a UTI?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UTI or baby on bladder?

• I would probably call if I was thinking it might be a UTI. Just to be safe. It wouldn't take long to go in and PIAC. GL and I hope it's just baby pushing on your bladder.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • I've never had a UTI while pregnant, but when I had one while not pregnant, there was no mistaking it. Right around 28-29 weeks, the baby started kicking my bladder region like crazy, so I hope that's the case for you. I had to do pilates to get her to find a new spot to trampoline on :) Either way, it can't hurt to check with your OB if they'll let you come in to PIAC. No sense being miserable if you don't have to. be!
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would absolutely call. A UTI can spread like wild fire in a week. Just get checked and clear your mind. If it is you can get on antibiotics, if not then you can be worry free!
  • I would call but I will say twice this pregnancy I sworeeee I had a UTI (no mistaking that feeling) but it was totally the baby squeezing my bladder lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1 on 10.30.10 spontaneous m/c on 12.28.10 at 12 weeks
    BFP 2 It's a girl! Born 1.18.12 at 39w
  • imagelauren.cus:
    I would call but I will say twice this pregnancy I sworeeee I had a UTI (no mistaking that feeling) but it was totally the baby squeezing my bladder lol.

Haha...that has also happened to me once already and resulted in an unnecessary Urgent Care visit, which is why I am hesitating now I think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's sounds like the Utis i got in pg. I'd go in. I got them a lot :(

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"