Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Normal Nap Behavior?

DD used to be an excellent napper.  Most days I could count on 2 naps ranging between 1-2 hours and a third cat nap in the late afternoon.  However, since she turned 6 months, she rarely naps longer than 40 minutes.  This has resulted in 3, sometimes 4, naps per day.  I stay at home with her, so I watch for her tired cues before putting her down.  I have also tried letting her chat/fuss in her crib when she does wake up early, but rarely does she go back to sleep.  She's seems happy and rested most of the time, but recently there are days where she seems tired after only being awake for one hour.  Is this just normal or something she'll outgrow?  Should I even be concerned about it?

FYI, she just started sleeping better at night.  (Thank goodness!)  She falls asleep around 8:30 and gets up for the day usually between 7:30 and 8:00.  She wakes up once to nurse sometime between 2:00 and 5:00.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Normal Nap Behavior?

• Options
    Not sure if it is normal, but at 5 months my LO started to do the same thing. She has just now started taking longer naps again. I have no real suggestions or advice, just know you aren't alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry, no advice here either. Our DS hasn't been a long napper ever it seems like. From about 4 mos on he only takes 30-40 minute naps about 3 times a day. Once in awhile he will sleep longer, but not often. We have tried EVERYTHING anyone has suggested. I have just gotten to the point where I've accepted it. He's just a bad napper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"