December 2011 Moms

39 weeks on Friday.... still no name....

I am really starting to get nervous... I will be 39 weeks on Friday- and we still do not have our baby boy's name picked out. We have some ideas, but honestly, none of them are really standing out as 'the one.'

I don't know what to do! We have looked through 2 baby name books, but we just keep coming back to our list we have... but like I said- none of which are REALLY standing out. I am hoping that we will either decide before he gets here (not looking hopeful), or we will 'know' when we see him. 

It's between:

Parker

Sebastian

Emmett

Lucas (But.. we both aren't crazy about the nickname, 'Luke," so honestly we probably won't choose Lucas- since Luke is an obvious nickname..)

His middle name is definitely Jon, it's my DH's middle name as well as his Dad's.

Opinions? Suggestions!? Girl names are SO much easier!

Pregnancy Ticker pregnancy tickers
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 39 weeks on Friday.... still no name....

• Yeah we're with you!  37 weeks and no name.  I agree girl names are easier!  We've had those picked for a while.  We are having a boy too! I feel like we won't know until we see him!

On our list with Michael as the middle name:

Dylan

Brandon

Tyler

Dominic

Joseph

Sebastian

Dante

• I would go with Sebastian!! It's classic and handsome!
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH's name is Brandon! So, I like that one :) My Dad's name is Michael, too. lol I also like Dylan and Sebastian lol... They are all nice though, and different.

One thing I hate though... opinions from family. We made the mistake of sharing our list- and of course we get no filter when it comes to opinions. And I really don't want their opinions to influence our decision. Ahhh such a hard decision!!

• I know how you feel, except I am being induced on Friday and have no clue about a name. I just recently changed my mind and although we've been looking through lists again, we keep coming back to our original list, but nothing sounds perfect, so I can't commit.... It's super aggravating! Good luck in choosing! I've learned, however, that opinions of others do nothing in helping you decide. It's ultimately up to you!
  • imageMegW25:

One thing I hate though... opinions from family. We made the mistake of sharing our list- and of course we get no filter when it comes to opinions. And I really don't want their opinions to influence our decision. Ahhh such a hard decision!!

THIS!!  Then we have family who have given their opinions and now believe that we are just pretending that we don't have a name and just want to keep it secret!  NO if we wanted to keep it a secret we will tell you that we want to keep it a secret!! 

• I am 38 weeks and in the same boat.  DH and I cannot agree.  We have a list of a few possibilities, but none that DH and I really love. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have any opinions or suggestions, but we didnt' have a name for Adalynn until we held her. We did have a short list, but once we held her for a few minutes that is when her name came to us. I wouldn't have it any other way either!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  •  I agree with the PP, whatever you do, DO NOT ask opinions from friends/family unless you really want it to sting how they don't like any of the names you picked out!! 

You aren't alone in still not having a name!!!  I'd like to use late FIL's name for LO's first name, most of my family actually said that one without me having said it too but DH...  WILL NOT go for that even if it's not going to be a "Jr" situation (which I also wouldn't go for)...We have one name we somewhat agreed on in the respect that it is definitely only a "fall back on" name and not the officially decided name.

On your idea about Lucas, our DD is named Amanda and we dislike the name "Mandy", when she was little, we nipped any defectors in the bud that her name is Amanda and not Mandy and haven't had any issues (same goes for her at school now that she has a name and a completely different "terms of endearment" nickname)... If you do choose Lucas, that's the approach to take with it that it's not for abreviation..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Sebastian best, then Emmett
  • I love Parker!  That was our runner up name choice.  I also like Emmett and Lucas.

Good luck, it'll probably come to you when you see him! 

• imageMegW25:

Parker
    Sebastian
    Emmett
    Lucas (But.. we both aren't crazy about the nickname, 'Luke," so honestly we probably won't choose Lucas- since Luke is an obvious nickname..)
     His middle name is definitely Jon, it's my DH's middle name as well as his Dad's.
    Opinions? Suggestions!? Girl names are SO much easier!

Well I am fond of Lucas because if we have a boy we plan on naming him Lukas (the k being the polish way of spelling it)

But you guys dont seem overly excited about that... so my next favorite is Sebastian; I think it flows together nicely with Jon.
    And then Emmett and then Parker.

But thats just my opinion. I am sure once you see that little man it'll just come to you and you will know for sure! GL mama.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I like Parker or Sebastian... It's good to have a couple you like to "take with" to the hospital, then yeah you can decide which one suits him once you meet him! I was the opposite, coming up with girls names was really tough before we knew it was a boy! 

Sebastian Jon sounds the best together to me. A couple names we thought of but did not end up using are: Tavish, Archer, Desmond, and my husband really liked Seamus. We have a really strong English/Scottish background 

• imagemlhw NH:
    Yeah we're with you!  37 weeks and no name.  I agree girl names are easier!  We've had those picked for a while.  We are having a boy too! I feel like we won't know until we see him! On our list with Michael as the middle name:
    Dylan
    Brandon
    Tyler
    Dominic
    Joseph
    Sebastian
    Dante

I think Dylan Michael seems to flow the best and sound really good together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• imageMegW25:

We picked a name that is apparently somewhat popular at the moment.. so our family members were commenting on that. We were even thinking of changing our choice because of it but then we were like "hey, wait a minute... we LOVE this name so who cares if there a couple other boys with the same name?"  Personally I think I've only seen one actual other child with the name around here. 

• I'm 39W5D & we still don't have a name.  We did make a likke progress & crossed 2 off the list.  We added 1, but at least we crossed 2 off!  Our list is: Aaron, Andrew (Drew), Caleb, Joseph, Jacob, Theodore.  The middle name will most likely be Richard after my maternal grandpa.

Of your list, I like Lucas Jon the best but 2nd would be Parker Jon.  I just worry that Parker is a unisex name now, if that matters to you.

• My aunt was in this boat last year with my cousin. They had so many weird names picked out, were getting opinions from everyone. They gave their DS a name 12 hours after he was born. They finally went with Maximus. A name my uncle just pulled out of the sky.

I would say have your list, bring a name book and just wait until you see him. Sometimes that's all that it takes.

• DH and I actually did that deliberately. We went in with our four favorite names and decided who she looked like. It took maybe 10 minutes and we knew she was a Sydney.

I would try not to stress over it too much! One way or another your LO will have a name and it will be a perfect fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"