Success after IF
Options

Do I need to go to the doctor?

I have a cold...sort of. It's really just a cough and a little congestion. It started out worse but is just a nuisance right now and a very minor one at that.

Here's the thing. My cough hasn't been very productive, and there is clearly mucus down in my chest. Actually right now, I can hear it and feel the roughness when I breathe deeply. Like, if I open my mouth and breathe deeply, there is an audible whistle coming from my throat.

Is this something I need to be concerned about (since my cough isn't bringing it up and out)? I've never had a cough quite like this. It is better than it was (less frequent), but I'm worried that the gunk is sitting there in my chest.

I got this cold from DS1... He has had the cough (but his is/was very wet) since the beginning of the month. We took him to the pedi since the cough lasted more than 3 weeks, and she said he's fine, just has a lot of gunk in his sinuses. His breathing sounded fine. (As an aside, at about 2.5 weeks in, I could also hear it when he would breathe through his mouth. I called then, and they weren't concerned since he didn't have a fever.)

Re: Do I need to go to the doctor?

• Options

At least here in Colorado, long lingering viruses are all over right now. Nothing much to do but wait it out.

However, have you tried Mucinex?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"