Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Does your 2 month old eat every 2 hours?

Is this normal? He's sleeping a longer stretch at night but during tge day I can't even get out all he does is eat. Will he eventually space out feedings?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your 2 month old eat every 2 hours?

• My LO is still eating every 2 hours and every 3 in the night. I would be glad you are getting a longer stretch at night at least. Some people swear by feeding every two during the day to have them sleep more at night. I am trying the Easy Method to help space out feedings to around 3 hours, which has helped me learn his cues. I do not think he is really hungry every two hours so he ends up snacking and the  cycle continues. Good luck and can't wait to hear what others have to say!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS eats every 3 hrs during the day but lately it seems like the stretching it out to every 4 hrs. You might try upping his bottles by 1/2 an oz and seeing if you can get him to wait 3 hrs between bottles. We follow the Baby Whisperer method (loosely though).
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is the same way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejackiemf:

My LO is still eating every 2 hours and every 3 in the night. I would be glad you are getting a longer stretch at night at least. Some people swear by feeding every two during the day to have them sleep more at night. I am trying the Easy Method to help space out feedings to around 3 hours, which has helped me learn his cues. I do not think he is really hungry every two hours so he ends up snacking and the  cycle continues. Good luck and can't wait to hear what others have to say!

Thanks for the reply. I thought at first he was just snacking but he has a different I'm hungry cry and I can't distract him at all to space out feedings :(
  • yep.

and at night she cluster feeds- wanting to eat every 1-1.5 hours until bedtime, and then a 3 hour stretch

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• For my 2 month old, I've noticed that when she wanted to eat every 2 hours during the day, it was time to increase the formula. I don't know how much your LO is eating, but she's eating 5-6oz every 3.5 hours now. She goes 11 hours at night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, my DD is eat every 2-3 hours during the day but the last 2 nights she has slept from 8pm to 4 am... Mama is happy to be getting some extra zzz's.  I still have to get up at least once to pump but she is worth it.
  • Yes....haha I was just thinking the same thing. He has to eat every 2 hours in the day, but at night he usually splits one 4 ounce bottle between feedings.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our 10 week old still eats every 2 hours during the day and eats 4-5oz.  At night, he takes his last bottle around 7:30pm and is asleep between 8-9pm and usually sleeps until 2:30am.  He then takes a 6oz. bottle and then sleeps to either 6 or 7am.

However, I notice that during the afternoon he is starting to take 1 long nap for 2-3 hours.  Aside from his new found long nap in the afternoon, he still cat naps for about 30 minutes inbetween bottles.

I'm just following his lead. 

• Our 10 week old wants to eat every two hours during the day as well. I try to give him 4 ounces at each feeding, but I'm EP and sometimes my supply just can't keep up with his demand. In the morning, he will sometimes want a bottle an hour or an hour and a half after his last feeding.  I chalk this up to the fact that he has his last bottle of the day around 8 pm and then sleeps until about 4:30 am.  He has another 4 ounce bottle then, and will sleep another couple of hours.  Then he's up for the day.  He also has started doing a two hour nap in the afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"