December 2011 Moms

Turns out I'm a November mom...

Our babygirl decided to arrive on Thanksgiving!  Aria Cordelia was born on 11-24-11 at 4:51 PM, 6lb 6oz, 17.5 inches long.

At 6:30 AM, I thought I may have had a couple contractions, so I decided to take a shower to see if they went away.  By 7:30, I thought it would be a good idea to start timing contractions.  By 9, they were already 3-5 minutes apart regularly, so we decided to head to the hospital.  We arrived at 9:30 and were admitted at 10 AM at 4 cm.  

I did so well with only narcotics till they broke my water at 3 PM.  Then I was screaming bloody murder for an epidural!  That is because I went from 4 cm to 9 1/2 in about 15 minutes.  There were 3 emergency c-sections that day, so it took a minute to get the epidural.  Thank gosh for the epidural!!  Once I got that, I started pushing right away, and she was here within the hour.  Pushing was not bad at all.  Well, that is what I thought.  Unfortunately, I had to get an episiotomy, and I tore in another spot.  After an hour, I was still bleeding, so they had to restart my epidural and go back in to check (though everything was alright).  

Now we are home, and our baby girl is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  My parents made turkey dinner a few days later, so we didn't miss our Thanksgiving.  

Aria is feeding great, and Daddy is extremely helpful!  He is wrapped around her finger so tightly already, haha.  Unfortunately, I am very sore.  I have one stitch in particular that is really hurting me!  I feel like if I didn't hurt so bad down there, I would be so much more useful!  I pray that the pain goes away soon enough.

Here is a picture of our little beauty...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Turns out I'm a November mom...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"