What to register for — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

What to register for

My DH and I want to cloth diaper our baby who is due in June.  This is our first child and we are completely new to the cloth diapering world.  I know there are many types and everyone has their favorite types but I am feeling overwhelmed.  I'm starting my registry and trying to decide what we should register for.  Any tips or suggestions would be amazing! Thanks! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What to register for

• I am in the same boat as you--never done it before! I am trying to look at how many the cloth diapering services give you per week, then asking myself how much laundry do I think I will do in a week if we don't use a service. If I can launder twice a week and the baby may need to be changed 10X/day as a newborn, I figure I will need 30-40 prefolds, plus a few extras, plus 5-10 covers and some snappies. This is in line with the numbers from the diaper services, too--they give 80/week and recommend 4-6 covers (for a newborn). I am going to register for slightly fewer cloth ones in larger sizes since they don't soil as often when they are older, as I understand it. I bet some more experienced moms here will have advice to improve on this method, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm pretty early in the planning stages, and I'm planning for twins as well so you could roughly halve my numbers and I'm expecting to wash about every 2-3 days.  I have two sizes I'm really looking at, the newborn sizes (up to about 8 ish pounds) and then planning to transfer to one-size pockets.

60 newborn prefolds

4-6 newborn fitted

10 Bummis XS covers

24 Kawaii pockets

24 BumGenius

I'm torn between getting 12 BG and 12 Fuzzi Bunz as well.  I'm just not sure, I was always a big FB fan in the past, but I might just start with 12 BG and order another 12 of them if I love them, or get 12 FB if I don't.  I also want to kind of keep it simple for my husband, and love the wickingness of pockets, so I probably will only use prefolds in the beginning (will keep some of them for extra stuffing ability later :)

HTH!

BFP#3: 3/1/11, EDD 11/11/11 - Missed M/C diagnosed 4/7/11 (7w6d), D&C 4/8/11

BFP#4: 7/6/11, EDD 3/15/12 - Missed M/C diagnosed 8/8/11 (8w4d), M/C 8/19

BFP#5: 10/8/11, EDD 6/17/12, U/S on 10/27/11 - fraternal twin boys born 6/3/12

Waiting for my buddy, s0ulchicken, to finish cooking her own twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards